Thread: wiper removal

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wiper removal

im wanting to remove the rear wiper and motor from my mk4 but not sure where to get a rubber grommet from to fill the hole thats left.can anyone tell me what size to get and where from.cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey, just made a thread in this section about it. so be carefull when takin the motor off, not to nudge or knock the 2 metal bits for the rear window dimister as they pretty much just fell off!

to answer your question, halfruads, we got a 24mm and 25mm one, only just over £1 each, check there website. 24mm fitted, but when pushed fell through, 25mm was a tighter fit but probly the better option.

oh and you need a 13mm spanner, and a torx screw set. good luck getting the wiper arm off the motor

hope that helps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive had to replace the rear motor before. Also be careful of the little black clip which attaches to the door locking arms, its only a small plasric catch which could break easily.
    And be careful not to round off the bolts for the motor, i almost did but i didnt have the best equipment lol.