Thread: 1.7 cdti warm start problems

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.7 cdti warm start problems

Im looking for some help with my 1.7 cdti corsa sri, ive recently bought the car which is on a 54 plate and im having trouble getting it to start when warm but it starts fine when cold.
    When cold i get glow plug light for a split second and the car starts first time, when warm it turns over loads before firing and sometimes takes 3 or 4 attempts.
    When started the car is fine no smoke no running problems at all etc.

Ive changed
    Diesel filter
    Glow plugs
    Air flow meter (genuine bosch)
    Coolant temp sensor (genuine vaux)

Im out of ideas as what can be causing this, im thinking it must be temp related and not fuel related as it starts fine from cold so cant be air in the system or anything like that.

Im new to diesels so any help would be much appreciated before i get ripped off by the dealers, ive read the faults with op com and there is nothing coming up.

Cheers
    Ryan

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did a load of checks on this problem after but its still the same, checked air leaks etc all ok, checked electrical connections on quite a few sensors, checked timing, exhaust all came back ok.
    also put the car into vauxhall who had it for a week and found nothing wrong, all sensors reading as they should be etc.
    The problem is still present and i cant get my head around it, im going to buy a cam sensor just incase it is playing up a bit, they are the same part no as crank sensor to so if no luck ill try that.
    someone has also suggested injector seals anyone got any info on this?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was going to suggest the Cam sensor and the Crank sensor. I can't remember but i'm sure that one of them can be fine when cold but can play up when it gets hot.

BTW... is that you who is bidding on the EGR i have for sale on Ebay?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cam sensor was something i was going to order today, they are the same part number so i can try one first then swap to other. Yea posibly i am bidding on one atm, was looking at an how too gonna wip it off for a clean later

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    EGR is a pain to get off. I posted my how to on this site when i done mine, Then i changed it for the one i have on ebay and then i bought a brand new one. I had an intake air system leak detected error so thats why i changed it, but the problem didn't go away so the EGR was obviously ok. It turned out to be a split pipe.... only found out after spending £160 on the new EGR..

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    now also change egr valve, cam sensor and crank sensors, still exactly the same. really stange this and im really running out of ideas fast.

any suggestions?