Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought coilovers

Status
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Bought coilovers

ive bought coilovers brand new, is there anything i need to get to get them fitted now?? Someone said something about some bolt from LMF that makes it easier??
    Also any idea how much rougly it cost to have them fitted?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Probably the camber adjustment bolts that were mentioned. I have bought some coilies too but still to fit them, LMF do sell Camber adjustment bolts though, depending on the coilies prob worth having a set to give to the garage for when they fit.
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    il order some now then, only thing is that they only sell eibach ones but i bought differnt ones than that

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Eibach what? Camber adjustment bolts you mean?

Don't think it matters who they from, just used I think to screw in and out to align summin or other! Basically just normal set of bolts I think but could be wrong! Not sure!
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If your going -60mm at the front then I'd suggest investing in some adjustable drop links.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I reckon I personally will prob drop between 30-40mm but heard a lot of people argue about which point you should change to adjustable drop links too!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the link is aproved, here is something that could help
    http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/...ad.php?t=64922
    Astra Coupe Z20LET EDS stage 2

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do the coilovers come with a bearing? if not make sure you use the one from your old suspension or you will get knocking noises from them like i did!
    !Astra Coupe Turbo!
    243bhp and 334ft/lbs!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    you dont just want to be messing with your camber, you dont want some back street garage doing it either, most likely wont have to tho, ive found the tracking is the thing to be out after, never had to adjust my camber after changing suspention.

get some spring compressors and do suspention yourself, very easy to do, then take it somewhere to have camber and tracking done if needed.

my GAZ coily's arrived this week, as soon as my mate drops the compressor off, i'll throw em on, wont take an hour. Front torsion bar is the hardest bit as it doesnt always line up easy and the bolts are hard to get in.
    Just Another GSi Build Thread (Big BHP Build) - Feedback Thread (Comments appreciated )

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartonz20let View Post
    you dont just want to be messing with your camber, you dont want some back street garage doing it either, most likely wont have to tho, ive found the tracking is the thing to be out after, never had to adjust my camber after changing suspention.

get some spring compressors and do suspention yourself, very easy to do, then take it somewhere to have camber and tracking done if needed.

my GAZ coily's arrived this week, as soon as my mate drops the compressor off, i'll throw em on, wont take an hour. Front torsion bar is the hardest bit as it doesnt always line up easy and the bolts are hard to get in.
    GAZ coilovers have camber adjustment built into the struts, you will have to have your camber set after fitting. Good setup tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast