Thread: mk4 van rear seats??

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk4 van rear seats??

hey, im still in the process of doin up my new van, my only problem with it that it only has 2 seats, i know yiou can put a bench seat in the back with a little work but i was just wondering if any1 has put front seats in the back?

i have an lpg mk4 and it has the lpg tank right behind the front seats, i was thinking or trying to relocate the tank towards the drivers side and putting a single front seat behind the pasenger seat?
    any 1 done this or similar?
    any thougth help would be appreciated. cheers
    now on my 7th vaux and its a van baby!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Never heard of anyone doing that mate, it might be a first if you go ahead with it!

How heavy is the lpg tank? If your putting in a rear seat you need to cut away part of the false floor (obviously), so you would need to think about how strong the remaining bit of false floor would be, espically if the tank is heavy.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no idear about the lpg tank? if i can move it far enuth it can be on the normal base rather than the small false floor bit behind the seats, so other than the tank position and cutting away the false floor, or at least half of it there shouldnt be any other problems? legal? mot? insurance ect? im really hopeing i can get this done, and if i change the engine and get rid of the lpg i would then put another seat behind the drivers.
    now on my 7th vaux and its a van baby!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I cant think of any problems but its the unexpected ones that are the worst!

Legal - Cant see why not as long as its secure
    MOT - Not sure what they actually check, think its just seat belt
    Insurance - You will have to inform them of this, cant see a rise in premium unless your forced to modified insurance. Best to check first I would say

If you do have any problems then go down to a scrappy and see hows it done on an estate (im thinking how and where they bolt the seat down for example)