Im looking at gettting some of these MTX road thunders fitted as my passenger side is crackling, but i have a few questions im unsure about .
- starting with the speaker adapters, i understand you can make MDF ones but for me this is not good lol....so if i got plastic ones, secured them tightly and then put some Dynomat over it will that stiffen it up and eliminate possible rattles. Iv read MDF ones are better but would putting dynomat around it solve this?
- Also brings me on to fitting this dynomat, take it you just clean surface and stick it without leaving air holes ect ..... was thinking about just getting the dynomat that just goes around the speakers(to eliminate rattle like expalined above) but is there any other areas it would be useful(other than all over) ?
Thirdly-wiring them up and fitting them-havent a clue!
HU(origional cable that is already feed through the door)----to-----crossover-------to------speaker and seperate tweeter ( i take it it will tell me what one is what, weather its for tweeter or speaker)
- Would there be a real noticable benifit of changing the speaker cable that is there now from the HU to the origional speakers?(hoping not as this sounds like a mare)
- Where do i screw the cross over to?
- and finally how does it get wired up? at a guess its :
and just while im typing on the line of speakers, if i was to dynomat the whole door would this just be a case of sticking the matting down (if i didnt mess around with all this layer stuff and spraying stuff on) would it be worthless.
By the way this will not be amped but are running from a sony HU. just looking for a little louder, clearer sound