Thread: My poor coupe - look what some ****** did

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry My poor coupe - look what some ****** did

Ok well a few weeks ago someone drove into the side of my coupe in a car park and left me a present.

I have no idea who or when exactly but lets say the air was blue at the time. Have since calmed down thus the non-offensive language.

I am wondering what my options are??? I don't really want to go through my insurance becuase of one the excess and two my no claims!

I have visited my local bodyshop who quoted £1000 which is pretty much all the car is worth. This was to fit a new door though and replace the whole rear quater.

Would one of these mobile type guy's be able to bang the pannels back out and then I can respray? Not after a pro job as the car is on 100k and 8 years old.

Thanks

Status
    Drives
    Vectra VXR + Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Add Glasgow_Stu on Facebook
    U could try pulling it out m8. Won't be perfect but as long as u ain't damaged the edge At door it's fixable . Am on mobile so can't see pic that clear tho.

Strip inside out, heat panel up a bit and try push it out from inside. With any luck most will come back out then you can get a company to fill the rest. It's time that's gonna cost u money m8,
    The coupe...ITS ALIVE & back from the dead....again!
    The internet: where everybody knows everything about **** all.

become a paid member:
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/payments.php

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    chavvy barstewards, kill em all i say , hope it gets sorted mate.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That really sucks buddy,

Do you know the carpark where it happened as you may be able to get some CCTV footage (if there is any)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. All I know is the other car was white as they left plenty of paint behind! No CCTV I'm afraid (If there had been and I'd tracked them down, lets just say I might have been in the nick by now)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that once happened to me, generally people go shopping on the same day at the same time each week, so i went back to the super market carpark the week after but a little earlier, waited an hour or so, there was a car with a little damaged that had my paint on there bumper and i had the same colour paint on my car, so i just approched them nicely and said, oh, i think you hit my car last week, i told them i had cctv footage althought i didnt, then they addmitted it, claimed they were in a hurry to get home, job done

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not a bad idea although I think I would seriously loose my SH1T if I caught them for driving off in the first place. Already happened once.

Someone did it to my brand new Focus ST not long back. I was in the newsagents all of 5 min max, came out and my rear bumper was in pieces. No one to be seen anywhere but a nice £600 new bumper bill for me!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ryan, gutted for you mate..... As Stu mentioned above, I would try and get that pulled out as much as possible then have a bodyshop give a light skim of filler then have it sprayed up.... From what I can see £1000 seems quite a lot of money for the damage visable. Is anything else damaged?.. How much has gone onto the drivers door?...
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    use the £1000 to hunt them down

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cavelly - I'm liking your style - A grand well spent

MrStush - I think this is the best option. I will see if I can find a local garage who can do this. The damage to the door is minimal, more a scuff than anything (Mobile dent company could fix I reckon). Its the rear panel and arch thats taken the beating.

Door shuts fine, the biggest mess is the gap its created between the door.

The body shop were quoting for a new door, all the bump stips, new Bertone badge and cutting out the rear quarter and welding in a new one. A bit OTT for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast