Thread: help plz

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help plz

hi i got this code P0530 off my astra sri turbo andfound wot it means but can eney one tell me were itis on the car. P0530 A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input Air Conditioning System B-05
    P0530 A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit Open Air Conditioning System B-05

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats your AC low pressure switch by the sounds of it, which will likely mean you're low on refriegerant which will also mean you've got a leak somewhere, or its all been leaking from the seals because you havnt ran you're AC in a long time

as for the location of the switch, i havnt had a look in mine but you need to find the bigger of the 2 AC pipes(the suction) and somewhere along it will be a little device with a plug on it, but you shouldnt need to get to it atall as its most likely working correctly, take it to a garage and get it pressure tested.

EDIT just noticed the one says "high input" this could be your high pressure switch which could mean you've got a problem with the condensor fan or you're condensor is very dirty, check that first as its cheaper!!
    !Astra Coupe Turbo!
    243bhp and 334ft/lbs!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate were is the high pressure switch thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you shouldnt need to get to the HP switch mate, but if you want to find it then look on the smaller of the 2 pipes, it should be somewhere along there and it will look the same as the LP one, the switch is only telling you there is a problem, if it is the HP switch tripping then its likely to be a condensor fan or the condensor is very dirty.

i take it you're AC is running for a short time and then tripping? try turning it on whilst the car is continuosly moving and let me know if it trips whilst the car is moving at a fair speed ie 30mph
    !Astra Coupe Turbo!
    243bhp and 334ft/lbs!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok mate will do