Thread: What a weird thing to do, and i have no idea why

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a weird thing to do, and i have no idea why

Maybe the guy was just crazy as i just dont understand.
    Basically, there are 2 roundabouts joined by about a mile of dual carriageway.
    I turned left on the first roundabout to join the dual carriageway, and at the next roundabout i would be turning right so obviously i went into the right lane of the DC.
    Start getting up to speed when i see a dark blue Audi driving at about 70 in the left lane, all the way behind me. I was doing about 55 when he is really close in the left lane, then for no reason at all brakes and slips straight in the right lane behind me. He was about 3 metres behind my car so i stayed at a steady 55mph to annoy him because it made no sense.
    About 30 metres from the next roundabout (where ill be turning right) he slips back into the left lane because hes going straight on. We both wait for an oppertunity to pull out and we do, he carries on to join a second dual carriageway while im going around the roundabout right, when i see him do the tosser hand gesture out his right side mirror, so i give him the middle finger while im going round the roundabout.

End of story really.

Nothing majorly exciting i just dont understand what kind of nutter delays his journey by riding up my arse being limited to 55 lol. Has anyone else encountered weird happenings like this?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It explains it all, because you said he was driving an Audi. 99.98% of them are all like that
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Had someone do the same thing to me. I was in my van and got in the right hand lane to turn right on a roundabout, then some ***** in a mondeo got right up my arse like he was expecting me to move over.
    So I slowed down to about 35-40, think that pissed him off a little more

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Well what do you expect, you were driving far too slowly in the Audi/BMW/Reps lane.
    Don't you know you're only allowed to use that little bit near the roundabout IF you are turning right, the rest of the time it's meant to be kept clear for important people.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lol yea. Its funny though because he was racing in the left lane, then had to slow right down to get behind me. Like he was trying to teach me a lesson, well i taught him a lesson in fuel economy lol.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how long is the duel carridgeway ?

cos if its empty - ish and your in the right hand lane trotting along with no need to be there until your ready to turn then he was prob pissed off at the prospect of havng to undertake you to get anywhere

a bit like the middle lane hoggers when no one is in the inside lane
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could be worse could be an old guy in a metro in a designated left turn only lane who cuts across three lanes to turn right without looking to see if theres anyone else on the the road

+ as said i most generic german vehicles on the road are driven by impatient plicks who think the 0.5 of second they save by driving like a nob will really make a difference over a long journey it doesnt

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    how long is the duel carridgeway ?

cos if its empty - ish and your in the right hand lane trotting along with no need to be there until your ready to turn then he was prob pissed off at the prospect of havng to undertake you to get anywhere

a bit like the middle lane hoggers when no one is in the inside lane
    About a mile as i said in the first post.
    And as i also said i was getting up to speed, i joined the DC in second gear and the DC was empty so i was getting upto 70 changing gear at 2500k, but before i got to 70 he was there behind me, i was nearly at 60 when he did it so i kept it at 55 for a mile to piss him off.
    If its an empty DC and im getting up to speed why bother braking and wasting petrol and driving behind me for the whole way.
    Like who in their right mind would do those actions for the sake of a middle finger at the end of it. Pointless but made me laugh.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One thing that winds me up is people who do under the limit.. like its a national speed limit and they do 40.

Had a micra infront of me today, turned out to be this woman and she paid more attention staring in her rearview mirror looking at me in the van behind and less on the road.. i was not close to her but she could see she was holding me up. Was swerving too and at the traffic lights i stopped behind her and she was looking through the mirror at me when they went green and she wouldnt go, so i pointed to the lights and then she did but stayed at 10mph for like 200 yards.. i was like wtf?
    Current - Celica GT
    Astra - Sold

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iv had this recently aswel, had it by some little n** on a 50cc 'crosser' i was over taking a parked car on a 30mph road then he over took me at the same time causing me to swerve with my lil one in the car the p****
    "Its not weather you get knocked down, its weather you get back up"

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast