Thread: fault finding with different display!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post fault finding with different display!!

HI! Im in a bit a of predicament at the moment, i have a cd30 with an undivorced display at the mo which obviously comes up"display safe"- basically i broke the old display when i did a led conversion.Now when i had to take my car to vauxhall when the thermostat went they told me cause the display was not coded to the car thay couldnt find 7 of the 13 computer modules in the car as the display was the main one appparantly so cost me £150 for them to get round it instead of £30. now does anybody out there know if i was to buy a new aftermarket stereo/dvd player and used this "undivorced" display will i have problems if i have a fault again in the car or is it only when radio/display are not paired as i know the display works fine on its own without the radio! Thanks ALL!

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    if it is the same as my old mans vectra MFD then you should be ok, once the replacement MFD has been fuly coded, there should be no more problems (another vauxhall rip off imo)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1412 View Post
    if it is the same as my old mans vectra MFD then you should be ok, once the replacement MFD has been fuly coded, there should be no more problems (another vauxhall rip off imo)
    im sorry does this mean i will have to get it reset first then or will it automatically code itself to the car- it seems to me if this is the case y didnt vauxhall unplug my stereo to get there equipment to recognise the display?

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    any change of MFD of your type will require a coding procedure if it is not the original one that came paired with the car. when i changed my old mans it just came up "display safe" until i got my brother in law to code it to the vehicle. like i say a vauxhall rip off if you ask me

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have asked around for months about decoding the display once it had been removed from original car- and each time told it cant be done only the stereo can be done! how on earth did your brother in law manage it? if i was to purchase a paired display and stereo for another vehicle would i still have the same problem in terms of future possible faults in car or can this be easily tech 2d' as they are paired just need to be assigned to car as such?

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    as long as tech 2 can successfully code the units to your vehicle you will be ok. vauxhall should be able to download and upload the various needed codes to complete this if your dealer has full tech 2. the derby branch near me are pretty clever with these things as they are a centre of excellence?? which means an even bigger bill if you go there

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your help i think i will probably get a paired set and get it done that way! Cheers!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    the screen display has nothing to do with VX not being able to find the correct ECUs in the car. They arent linked. Sounds more like their Tech2 software timed out on HS and MS scans?

Ive got an undivorced 3line display and aftermarket stereo in my car (where as it originally came with a 2line display) and have had no problems what so ever.
    Even when i put my OE stereo back in - and the display popped up SAFE, op-com still picked up all the ECU's.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why do you think they said it wouldnt work at vauxhall with the undivorced display cause when i put my original display back in even though the lcd was broke they had no probs with it-could they have just been ripping me off- i dont want this problem again if i have to go back. i need to have the undivorced display reset anyway as when it works the mpg is set to the old car which i have proved is way below what my car is doing(saying 29mpg_ mine about 39-41)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The antitheft function is disabled from the Stereo.
    It unpairs the two so you can repair with something else.
    I've seen stuff on the mobile phone forums about reading the eeprom on the stereo, changing it and reuploading to clear the antitheft.
    not seen anyhting about the display.
    How Tos . Parts For Sale
    The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.