Thread: Z16LET - dump valve help plz

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z16LET - dump valve help plz

Hello guys! I own a Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Turbo. I really want to install a dump valve (blow off valve) because I am crazy about that woosh and don't know if I won't have any engine problems afterwards.
    I don't know which one to choose first of all, HKS SSQV or The Forge FMDV004? http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...roduct=FMDV004
    I understand that to install this dump valve I will have to cancel the original valve of the car and use only this valve and that if I will also change the intercooler of the car, that the woosh will be a little louder.
    Conclusion, I realy hope you can help me because I don't want to break anything, I want to improve the car's performance, and I want to have the loudest woosh ever (not to forget that my car is stock and not remapped 180 BHP). And this review from courtenay really made me worry? Some help with this too maybe? http://courtenaysport.co.uk/index.ph...ewDoc&docId=95
    Thank you !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you want a loud whoose then you need a Collins dump valve. You don have to blank the standard dump valve off either, the car runs smoother with both running together. If you run both together the dump valve will operate quieter but if you have a Collins that won't be a problem. I don't think changing the intercooler will make it louder either unless you have it remapped

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as said above! ive found collins and recirc running together is the best way!! it will still sound the nuts! ive got a collins and a forge diverter valve running(replaces OE) and it runs and sounds great!!
    ive changed my intercooler and i cant say ive noticed a louder dump, technically speaking it shouldnt make it louder.
    but getting a remap i.e upping the boost will make it louder.
    !Astra Coupe Turbo!
    243bhp and 334ft/lbs!