Thread: Has insurance changed? Any recommendations for a first timer?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Has insurance changed? Any recommendations for a first timer?

Did a quote for my brother some time last year. Entered it as though he'd just passed (he hadn't). Found a group 2 Corsa for little value, slapped in the info & it came back as £1800.

Now i couldn't remember if this was fully comp or what so i tried again last night

£3000 the quote now is!!! That's the cheapest thing on gocompare.com & that's with my mother listed as a named driver on it.

TPFT was actually cheaper than TP too. I think selecting that & putting my mother on brought it down to about £2700.

He said sod it, he's not paying for insurance then.

Poor attitude i know, and one i'm sure my parents wont let him get away with, but is it any surprise so many people drive without insurance? A group 2 Corsa which is worth £400 costing £2700 to insure???

Why the sudden major hike?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That sort of thing is usuall iirc.
    When i got near to passing my test i started to get quotes using all the correct details (next doors house, age etc) and i remember i once got a quote for around the 1k mark with some wanting 3k tpft.

Then went back few days later it all changed and cheapest was near to 3 instead.

Id say just keep going back each day seeing what you get, thats what i done managed to get it - FC, 19 yrs old, 1 crash, £1700. After filling in all the poxy forms about 40 times lol.

So yeah just keep filling it in with pretend numbers and door numbers and then when the day is a good one, change the details to the real name etc.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    The only differences between then and yesterday was the fact that then was then and yesterday was, well, yesterday lol. All details entered were exactly the same.

I didn't expect things to damn near double. Incidentally, i found it was actually cheaper for me than when i paid in January

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Currently I drive a 1.8 SRi Astra and I am only 18, passed in november 2009 and my insurance is just under 80 per month, from a company called fortis.

Although I am looking to upgrade to a GSi in September time when I turn 19

Kieran

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    The only differences between then and yesterday was the fact that then was then and yesterday was, well, yesterday lol. All details entered were exactly the same.
    No thats what im saying just try loads of times on different days, for some reason its different of different days.

What i was saying about details where dont use your own phone number of what have ya, because you will get a million and one phone calls about insurance as soon as you press the finish button.
    Only put your own number in when its a good day for quotes, hope explained my self better this time! lol