Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

P0170 Fuel Trim Malfunction

is the the 2nd lambda coz ive changed the 1st on about a week ago
    would this course my car to boost all over the shop

thanx craig
    Astra gsi turbo Black = z20leh forged courtenay sport stage 4 with there uprated clutch,lightened flywheel 3ch exhaust = very happy bhp

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate that code can be caused by a air intake leak.and that would cause boost problems

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had a check ova the boost hoses and vac ones and all seem to be fine
    Would the 2nd lambda defo mess by boost up or not
    Also would the front bcs *** into this coz my boost is all ova the place
    Astra gsi turbo Black = z20leh forged courtenay sport stage 4 with there uprated clutch,lightened flywheel 3ch exhaust = very happy bhp

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Birchy what have you checked so far for the issue relating to dodgy boost??.. Can you explain the way your car boosts / doesn't boost?... Is your car currently pulsing / juddering i.e Boost, No Boost, Boost, No Boost? or is there sudden boost and nothing else

list what areas you have checked? i.e Actuator, BCS, Boost Pipes for leaks etc

This may help getting a quicker answer
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It havnt be lng set up and mapped not not so lng ago it started playing up it boosts all diff all the time as in sumtimes it boosts tp 9psi and hold sumtime 10psi then sumtimes 16psi never no overboost but nw and again I do get the full23ish psi overboost and hold 16psi
    Checked the cooler pipes below turbo then rite to top hat which r fine plus the vac pipes seem tp be ok aswell any clues

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am sure one of the Techies will be along shortly and diagnose, but it sounds to me like a possible boost leak. A bit of a pig I know but re-check all of your hoses and the clamps.. Check and retighten everything and then run the engine to see if you can hear a slight hissing.
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok thanx mate hav 2 get sum wd40 and spray over the vac lines wen running then if they r leakin they would show up then,plus ill recheck all the boost pipes again inbit

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    a boost leak usually brings up code p1106, have u trided soaking lamba in petrol yet?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hav dne no code up so far but boost is still all over the place may jst get a new 2nd lambda 2 mz and try that

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    yeah opcom will clear a lamba code, but if its ****ed, then it will throw everything off n may affect boost, but as said it cud b a number of things, but only found the one code on op com