Thread: Supraking's MK4 Estate

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Supraking's MK4 Estate

thought id fire up a project thread, as the car will be undergoing little changes throughout its life

this is how it was when i bought it 3 weeks ago

got it dirt cheap, then a week later found out why. it started missfiring which was quite dangerous, bought a set of plugs and an airfilter.runs better now. but we noticed one of the plugs was a right mess. covered in carbon (which was causing the missfire) so it would seem there is oil getting into one of the cylinders. and it has a leak in the exhaust manifold somewhere.

while waiting for the funds to get it sorted ive done a few little touches

first one was getting the standard head unit out and putitng in my kenwood bluetooth unit. sound quality is up no end

then as the rear wiper was splitting i thought, hmm wonder if the one off the back of my old car will fit, measured them up and the relativly new proton one was about an inch too long. but used my initiative and took them both apart, snipped the blade from the proton one, and put it on the astra wiper works a treat.
    also took the flat wipers i had on the proton and popped em on the astra. drivers side fits perfect, passenger side is an 18" so one inch shorter then standard?
    (sorry about the pic, damn sun made a mess of it)

and lastly today ive debadged the rear. used the hot water method, plus abit of scratchx and its come up a real treat

and thats where we are for now. need to get the engine sorted with my next pay. then the mods can really get started. well cheap ones anyway, im expecting my first child so funds need to go on baby stuff

but once the engines sorted ill be ordering a cheap debadge grill and getting a fitting kit for my alloys to go on

edit *just adding some info for my own notes
    94L mirage metalic pearl

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bit of a bump, plus i like to keep on top of everything i do to the car
    some basic things but was seriously lacking.

load cover

and the first aid/emergancy cover

both came to 15 quid from the scrappers and im so glad to get them. the gaping hole in the side of the boot was doing my nut in. and i now feel safer about maybe putting a sub in the back

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bump :P
    well the debadge grill turned up today. got it whacked on looks so much better
    only a cheap jobby off ebay. not a perfect fit, the screw holes are far too small for the standard screws so i opened them up abit (not being able to find smaller screws)
    next job is the tab mod

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well it was nice while it lasted, but the car needed too much work. so it went on ebay and has gone.
    so its a good bye from me