Thread: Z20Let Converstion - Latest Issues - Please Help!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Z20Let Converstion - Latest Issues - Please Help!

Radiator Cooling Fan comes on after 5mins and stays on even when key is removed from car!
    Looking at a previous forum post, it seems you need to remove a sensor from the aircon matrix (which I've removed completely) and connect it to the corresponding sensor on the loom to "fool" the Rad fan into thinking the additional air con matrix and fan are still present in the car. I'll give this a go and hopefully it checks out.

Engine won't fire up. The car turns over and starter motor is operating just fine, however I can't get the car to fire. It appears as though there's an immobiliser light coming on on the dash. The ECU, transponder and chip have all came across from the donor vehicle and my own ECU, transponder & chip (from the Z22SE) are removed & packed away.

My Power steering pump is making a weird whining noise on startup as if it's spinning up really really slowly (starts off low pitched but steadily rising in tone for 20-30seconds until it sounds like it's running properly).
    It was in perfect condition before I removed it for the Z22SE>Z20LET conversion. I needed to get it out so I could get at the Wiring Loom plug going into the bulkhead. I put it back in again, connected it up and topped up the fluid that had been displaced during removal. I don't know whether it's still operating correctly because the front wheels are off at the moment and it's sitting on axle stands at it's subframe so has no weight to push. Also, can someone advise on where the wiring for the pump goes?!? I have the leads coming up and onto the fuse box with the large wire going onto the earth point at the nearside suspension strut... does that sound about right?

I have a really small bore hard plastic pipe (looks like a vacuum pipe) coming up from the left hand side of the TB into nothing.... Can anyone advise where this should go? Does it fit into the pipework for the AFM somehow? I have the EVAP purge valve and vacuum connected up, as well as the vacuum for the brake servo, but no idea where this one should go. It seems terminate in a little connector underneath the heater pipework between the engine & the bulkhead nr gearbox).

Regards the ECU, do I need to get it reprogrammed to run with my car now? Surely if it's the same ECU, Transponder and chip it shouldn't "see" anything is wrong eh?

Thanks in advance for your help with the above folks. Appreciated as always

Kind Regards,
    John H

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Meant to say it's a 2001 Bertone Edition Astra G/Mk4 Coupe, previously a Z22SE which the local dealership blew up and required changing.... Whilst I had the opportunity I thought we'd go for a Z20LET.... Starting to wish I had just swapped it with a recon Z22SE, sold it and bought a damn Astra Coupe Turbo!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    if you look in the astra disscusion part of the forum Steve C has just wrote up a guide about converting a 1.8 to z20let and its quite detailed failing that PM him and he will probably help you out