Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little how to use carbon wrap

vauxcoupe

Little how to use carbon wrap

Questioned a few times on here and thought ad put a little how to just to show you how its put on.. dead easy but does need patience

Part that my bro in law fitted,looks awful and has all been replaced with the 3m di-oc carbon fibre vinyl.

Just peel off!! does take some grip!! and give it a rough sand just for the film to stick.
    The film,hairdryer stanley and the part you want to cover.

Simply peel backing paper off and apply to part evenly and try to avoid it sticking together or crinkling!

Hairdryer on hot and go over evenly pressing around part with your fingers, the film melts easily with the heat and the part should start to look like this.

Plenty heat and stretch the film round corners and tuck in the rear of the parts, running your fingers along any edges.

Take heat off and allow film to cool a few seconds and the film becomes sim to hard plastic!.. dnt worry if you balls it up as it becomes soft again if you reapply heat..

Make sure the film is flat on whatever your covering and there is no folds or any crap bubbling the film, then use stanley around the back edge of the film on whatever your covering, once its cool its easy as its just like scraping hard plastic.

It should look like this at the back!!

Use the hairdryer again to melt the sides of the film and run around all the edges with your fingers, as you do this apply heat at one point and then take the heat away and hold the film in place for a few seconds.

Apply plenty heat over the face of the part for the film to heat so it has a good bond

Once thats done,simply allow to cool and the part should be done!!!
    Easy!

The part here fits under ma handbrake and i have tackled the centre console but dont try tricky parts if your not sure, the film may seem expensive where ever you get it but i think its the closest to the real carbon as you can get as the pics dont do justice.

Get buying some and dont be put off with thinking its tricky to put on, just use the head take your time and sand plastic parts down first!!!
    Inside of my car took 4 half hours to do centre console,dash surround,light switches ect.. so take your time and have patience.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just in time, considering doing this to a chrome boot strip i'm buying tomorrow

vauxcoupe
    [QUOTE=b1988m;2225988]just in time, considering doing this to a chrome boot strip i'm buying tomorrow

Sand the bootstrip down before applying, youl be amazed at how easy it is to use..
    On the rear of your strip allow the film couple of mm to bond on the back of the strip, once its finnished it will look great but apply clear laquer!! about three coats ONLY to the rear just to lock the film on as it will be used in exterior.

DO NOT apply laquer to the film as it f**ks it up!!

Good luck and show us when complete.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did my mirror covers last week

1.8 excluciv convertible '06 (silver lightninig)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was sat here thinking what can I wrap lol, Im thinking of doing the interior door handles or is this stuff likely to come off easily if put it on them?

Edit: Good how-to (y)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where abouts did you get the film from mate?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    mmm looks good!
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you do the centre console, I am wanting to do mine but am worried about F*****g it up, as the 3m di-noc stuff aint cheap
    End of an era - She's gone to a good home

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i could do with doing my B pillars will it just stick to body panels with heat?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've been using this all week. Been doing a few interior parts, and tonight i hve just done my boot strip. It realy is fantastic stuff to use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast