Thread: Z20LET fuel economy?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z20LET fuel economy?

Normally not a subject I actually care about, but before the allegations of gayness begin... of late I've got it in my head that mine is particulary shite, now I can' decide if it is actually shite or if it's normal for a Z20LET.

On that basis, what sort of figures are you seeing on the MFD currently... appreciate they're as accurate as Stevie Wonder throwing snowballs, but a rough idea would be good so I can decided if I have a hole in the tank or not.

My daily commute is 5 miles each way... 3 miles rural roads, mile of suburb then a mile of city centre and bearing in mind I tend not to be daft when driving, rarely over 3000rpm etc... it's averaging 21.3mpg.

Last nigh did 110 miles to Swindon... 10 miles of rural roads, motorway, bit town then same coming back and again, stedy drive with no hooliganism and crusie set for erm... 80...ish and it returned 28mpg having been reset before I left, although it used quarter of a tank so on that basis I shoudl be seeing 400 miles+ from a full tank... yeah, dream on sunshine!

To me, that's a little bit shite... but be interesting to hear what others are getting

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive not had the engine long enough to know properly, but foot down near enough everywhere (apart from when its warming up) as its only a toy really with approx 300bhp im getting 17mpg worked out by trip counter and litres back to full lol

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    On a long run from Newcastle to Glasgow (A69/M6) and back the other week I got over 320miles for the tank. Gentle cruise there ~70mph, coming back slightly more spirited, but nothing daft.

Everyday driving, 10miles to work and back, A roads to warm up and then onto dual carriageway for the main run, I am looking at ~200miles to a tank.

Although it depends how I have my Forge/Collins DV setup. If I am running the 1 way valve and the Collins it is usually 19 miles to a gallon.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    with my slightly spirited driving i get an average of 28mpg according to the mfd. but i didnt buy it for the economy
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds perfectly fine mate

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    will i get the same from a z20ler in a mk5? or slightly more being a newer engine?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On normal everyday driving I'm getting between 30-32 mpg. On a longer trip involving dual carriageways etc I manage about 35-37mpg.

I could just drive like a grandad, being as I rarely go above 2,500 rpm.
    Black Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    21 is pretty crap for that kind of roads. I normally get about 23 going to work and back and thats just 1.5miles, all stop start through a town.

On a good run can get between 35-40mpg depending how I drive it.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    with my z20lel 230 ish bhp i'm gettin 25mpg around town and on a run i can see 36mpg. Thats ova about 30 miles of motor way driving wiv cruise set to 80-85 so on a longer run probably more.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I drive 15 miles per day to work & back, mainly A roads with some urban/traffic. My MFD on a normal week is between 27-30 mpg, never more. Obviously on motorway journeys I get more. 21 does seem low to me because I don't drive like a grandad if I am honest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast