Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aftermarket Stereo Installation Advice Required

Hi

I have recently purchased a JVC KW-AVX820 stereo to fit to a Vauxhall Astra Twintop (07).

I have connected this myself with a Connects2 CTSVX002 (including a JVC connection lead).

However, neither the Aux in, or the Stereo controls on the steering wheel are working for some reason
    I did not ground the rear of the stereo to the car body although I doubt this should make any difference should it?
    As far as I can tell everything is correctly connected (although i am no expert!!) so Im now concerned that the headunit I purchased may be faulty.

The other issue is that I can't seem to get the unit to read my Sony Walkman mp3 player (NWZ-A81 through the USB - but i cant find anywhere on the net which tells me if walkmans are compatible with JVC Stereos.

On top of that, the radio reception isn't the best, and the Aux in doesnt work either!!

Basically, this is driving me insane so if anyone can help - or suggest where i may have gone wrong id massively appreciate it!
    Thank you

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Lets start with the AUX IN, is this the factory Vauxhall one your on about? If so it's not going to work with a aftermarket headunit

For the steering wheel controls I assume you have somewhere to plug the JVC patch lead into and that it was the dedicated steering remote input?

Can't answer about the USB/ walkman issue
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the stereo doesnt have an internal amplifier then you may need the kit. I know some cars need a seperate amplifier, some don't

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    AS Autosparks has answered and

For the radio I take it you have the active aerial adapter for you car?

Why would you expect the sony walkman to work? USB is just that usb input or usb stick, or usb hard discs. And on some units it will recongnise an IPOD and play music off those. But it will depend on the file structure and the format that the sony thingy has, but your JVC manual will tell you what structre the usb device should have. But you will more then likely have to use the headunit aux (not your factory aux in) in to play your sony walkman.