Thread: too machine polish or not?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

too machine polish or not?

going too place an order with cyc this week but can't make my mind up weather to add a machine polisher or not,i have never used one but get pi**ed off with wristache doing it by hand..
    are they really worth the extra cost?? i am looking at the megs g220 complete kit(£199),or is the g220-sonus kit or the g220-menzerna kit better???thank's all....

Status
    North East RO
    Mentioned in
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Add Chewy. on Facebook
    Most definitely are worth the money, pretty hard to do any damage and the level of correction over by hand polishing is perfect, plus they are so versatile can be uses for the polishing (obviously) also can be use to spread liquid glazes, sealants and waxes.
    i have the das-6 with the sonus kit and its more than capable for all the above, it comes in cheaper than the g220 as well.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well the more you do it the better you will get, with all the boys i take on i use this same method. Go to the scrap yard buy any old scrap wing door just to use as a practice area. Let them self teach themselfs for a week an then throw in a few tips they are all now restoring full cars. Only way you will really do any damage is if u allow the surface to get dry as you will burn the paint. For the sake of a 10ner from the scrappy its best you burn that paint than your car. Also once you have restored the scrap part take it back to the scrappy and tell them you have restored it and they will probably give u ur money back as they will then be able to sell the door on for more money than they did to u as it will look new.