Thread: Carbon Bonnet Wrap

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Carbon Bonnet Wrap

A mate of mine (some may have seen his white coupe with partially black bonnet at Ace Cafe) is now looking to carbon wrap his bonnet. The 3m stuff appears to have a really good reputation and provide the best look. Theres loads of videos up online that make it appear pretty easy to do or at least achievable with a couple for a couple of mates.

However after measuring his bonnet it appears that even the larger rolls of the vinyl which appear to be a maximum of 120cm wide will be too small for the job.

Has anybody on here attempted this before or know of anywhere he can pick up a roll large enough to cover the bonnet without the need for an unsightly join?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i dunno about larger sizes but if done right couldnt you run the seem along the middle?

but forget about that .. he's has a white coupe and is not posting

photos please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^^.......^^

not seen a white coupe before

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can join it yes, and have quite a good joint. very un-noticable.
    Although there is someone selling bigger sheets of it in the classified on here. 2m x 1.2m. big enough to do a roof. I was looking before. At the minute, his advert for them is about 7 pages back.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moffat View Post
    You can join it yes, and have quite a good joint. very un-noticable.
    Although there is someone selling bigger sheets of it in the classified on here. 2m x 1.2m. big enough to do a roof. I was looking before. At the minute, his advert for them is about 7 pages back.
    Theres a video on Youtube somewhere of it being joined by trimming both layers somehow which leaves seemingly no visible join. How easy this would be to do yourself is another thing.

I came across the ad on here but from my mates measurements it still wouldn't be large enough for a full bonnet.

vauxcoupe
    Catlin, give these guys an email- http://www.foliencenter24.com/
    As thats where i got mine and been quoted a discounted price for mike666 bonnet n roof, they already have the astras sizes for the bonnet and it will go on as a whole but you will need to join it at the bottom of the grill but it wont look out of place and is only because its the trickiest bit on the bonnet.. expect to pay around £160-180 plus delivery though.. and this is the 3m di oc carbon as close as youll get to real deal.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vauxcoupe View Post
    Catlin, give these guys an email- http://www.foliencenter24.com/
    As thats where i got mine and been quoted a discounted price for mike666 bonnet n roof, they already have the astras sizes for the bonnet and it will go on as a whole but you will need to join it at the bottom of the grill but it wont look out of place and is only because its the trickiest bit on the bonnet.. expect to pay around £160-180 plus delivery though.. and this is the 3m di oc carbon as close as youll get to real deal.
    Thanks for the info. I'll pass it onto my mate and see what he comes up with.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just received a call from my mate, appears he got his measurements wrong and the larger 3M sheet will cover the bonnet. Don't suppose anybody on the offchance knows anywhere in Bedfordshire or the surrounding area that would stock this sort of thing to cut out Easter Weekend postal issues?