Thread: Mortgages for the oppressed minority...

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Mortgages for the oppressed minority...

Well rant time...

Coming to the end of my 5yr fixed rate mortgage. So I have started looking for a new mortgage. I don't want to be tied in for any length of time, simply because I am unsure on a couple of things at the moment and I do not want to commit to 2 years which seems a minimum for any trackers/discount/capped/man milking blah blah mortgages available at the moment.

Having had a quick trawl of interweb I am looking at £700-£1500 in fees just to transfer my mortgage!!! This is bloody ludicrous. The base rate is like 0.5% last time I checked, trying to stimulate growth and all that rubbish. So how come banks standard base rates are still ~4.5% and the application fees are so high? Makes it very hard to move for a better deal...

Talking about feeling poo'ed on. I pay all my taxes, claim no benefits and have my own mortgage and I get completely poo'ed on... while people on the estate are now getting the flats for free as the local council have run out of council houses, meanwhile I have to pay ~£500 a month for the priviledge of seeing my estate descend into a shite hole thanks to the council moving these scumbags/pondlife in, oh and don't get me started on devaluing my property!!!

Anyway back to the question at hand, has anyone else been in the same situation, where their mortgage 'deal' has come to the end and they have moved it somewhere else recently? Any info or good deals would be appreciated.

Oh and the oppressed minority in the title.... single white bloke, with a job, mortgage, car, paying taxes and no benefits.

Anyhow, thanks for any advice , and keep up the good work Gordon.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by npd View Post
    Oh and the oppressed minority in the title.... single white bloke, with a job, mortgage, car, paying taxes and no benefits.
    We had this talk recently: it was something like a ¼ or a 1/5th of all UK population of working age was on benefits of some kind.

And of working people, about a ¼ or 1/5th of the workforce work for the Govt. on Govt. projects or Civil Servants an' that.

I can't recall the statistics... I'm not a good listener.. but they was mind bogglingly high!