Thread: P1106 fault code wierdness ??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

P1106 fault code wierdness ??

fitted dump valve about 4 weeks ago and bypassed rear bcs and fitted a 1 way valve in oe dumpvalve... had no problems till today when cruising on motorway then sudden power loss and spanner light on!!!
    did pedal test to find code P1106, reads loads of different threads on the matter and started to my pull hair out.. i took a couple of vacuum hoses apart and made sure had snugg fit when putting back together.. turned engine back on light still on ???? took it for a drive to see if the car had slight power loss still and guess what more boost and louder collins which is a bonus then ripped it along my road and light when out !!!! bigger bonus !!! hope this stays like it. anyone else had simular problem with p1106 as i was reading things like fitting new front bcs, rear bcs, intercooler sensors, spark plugs etc etc

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI MATE SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE BUT IF IT WENT OUT ON ITS OWN IT WILL PROBALLY COME BACK ON YOU ONLY REALY CAN RESET THIS CODE WITH A OB2 READER AND FAULT CODE CLEARER I HAD SAME THING TURNED OUT MY MAP SENSOR WAS DIRTY AND SENDING WRONG SIGNALS TOO ECU HOPE THIS HELPS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I replaced my map sensor with a spare one i had and now the light doesn't come on as frequent so im gonna get a new one soon.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D4nnyGsi View Post
    I replaced my map sensor with a spare one i had and now the light doesn't come on as frequent so im gonna get a new one soon.
    i had the same code a few weeks back and it was my map sensor at fault. car has been going great now
    slightly tweeked zaffy gsi. vxr turbo. scorpian precat. scorpian 200 cel sports cat. miltek cat back sytem. lowered on jom coilovers. 18" lxy haines

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine was exactly the same. Replaced the map sensor and a couple of weeks later it reoccured. Fitted another new MAP sensor and all was well for about a month untill the other day when it did it again. I'm hoping the turbo is ****ed, rather solve the underlying issue than keep throwing MAP sensors at it!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DD - Turbodave View Post
    Mine was exactly the same. Replaced the map sensor and a couple of weeks later it reoccured. Fitted another new MAP sensor and all was well for about a month untill the other day when it did it again. I'm hoping the turbo is ****ed, rather solve the underlying issue than keep throwing MAP sensors at it!
    Is the turbo leaking oil into the pipes causing it to coat the map sensor then??