Thread: Petrol Price idea! Go for it!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Petrol Price idea! Go for it!

The price of oil is as low as it has been for a while, the oil companies have simply jacked their prices up and the government will not do anything as they rake in extra VAT for every increase.

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

We are hitting 119.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 1.50 a litre. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 90p a LITRE RANGE. It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I only buy from asda anyways!
    "Its not weather you get knocked down, its weather you get back up"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i only buy from tesco or asda lols

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    luckily i'm a shell man. see this doing the rounds a year or 2 ago...it wont work because enough people wont do it.

i watch oil prices every day at work and it's totally unbeliveable how much extra cost we pay on top!!!

fuel companies should have some sort of regulator or watchdog to ensure they arent all pulling our pants down with the price at the pump.
    Mk5 2.0l turbo sri. now dead
    but riding around in a mk6 2.0l cdti sri

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh and it really gets my goat going when you get the old "well price of oil has gone up" cr@p well what about when the price is going down?!?!?!?!
    Mk5 2.0l turbo sri. now dead
    but riding around in a mk6 2.0l cdti sri

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't buy from either of them anyway, cost too much

But yeah, i've seen this before and it would probably work if loads of people did it, but i doubt they will.

Foz
    1.4 16v Mk4, Kings Blue
    Tinted lights, de-badged, Calibra 15" alloys, Heko Wind Deflectors

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Problem with this sort of 'plan' not everyone uses the internet and not everyone is that bothered.

whats needed is major players i.e delivery/public transport to strike over it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i only buy from tesco as i generally work from a tesco store at one point during the day

as above i do about 1000 miles a week in my transporter so should help a lil

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    people in this country are wimps and wont stand up for them selfs that why they get walked all over by just about every major company going

all it needs is for the people of the uk to grow a spine and stand up for themselfs thats all

if they did then the above idea is great but the uk population is to hell bent on being walked over like a fecking door mat to that fat useless prime minster and his band of merry men

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matty0785 View Post
    people in this country are wimps and wont stand up for them selfs that why they get walked all over by just about every major company going

all it needs is for the people of the uk to grow a spine and stand up for themselfs thats all

if they did then the above idea is great but the uk population is to hell bent on being walked over like a fecking door mat to that fat useless prime minster and his band of merry men

Some of just dont care about the price, I know I dont, I just fill up when the light comes on and I always use BP and get on with my life, much more important things to worry about instead.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast