Thread: Remote central locking problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face Remote central locking problem

I have a central locking problem! The indicators flash but the locks don't seem to have enough power to open the doors. I try lock and unlock to solve it but after around 6 tries I end up having to put the key in the lock (thats like so 1997) because then even the car gives up flashing its indicators to show response to the fob. Its like the motor goes into safe mode because the button has been pressed so many times in a short period of time. The key sync thing doesn't work on my car. I put the key in as above but when I press the buttons nothing happens. This same key does lock/unlock the car temperamentally. HELP?!?!?!?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Does the locking work off the key alright locking and unlocking all the doors/ boot and petrol flap?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Does the car start ok?
    Sounds very like the symptoms you would get with a dodgy battery.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the locking doesn't always work on the key. If the car is deadlocked with the fob then the key only opens the drivers door. I have to wait and start pressing again when the fob starts to talk to the car again. Its getting worse by the day. I've had the door card off but the central locking system looks a right b******d to change........The battery is a good battery, I had it tested last week.
    I like to point my rear wiper wash straight out behind to wash the bus behind me - yeyaa!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Have you changed the remote battery in the key?
    Check the battery holder for poor solder joints @ the PCB as well.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    new battery in the fob too. When I press the fob the indicators flash and I hear the motors trying to lock the doors but its like they don't have enough power to push the pins up. However I NEVER have a problem locking the doors (when the door pins are going down) In fact when the pins go down its sounds like a vault door. they are rapid! So my guess is that the motors are all fine. whatever the problem is it lies in the drivers door I think (because this is the door that controls the rest of the doors) All other doors lock fine just the drivers door that won't. Any ideas whats in the drivers door to change. Relay? Control unit? etc? and if so how to's pleeeeeeeease
    I like to point my rear wiper wash straight out behind to wash the bus behind me - yeyaa!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Only thing in the drivers door is the lock motor/lock/microswitch.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right. When sat in the car pushing/pulling door pins (lockng/unlocking) there is absolutely no problem. Pressing the fob the doors will always lock but won't always open. There is a slight sound of action but no doors open....any ideas? It's only when the doors need opening.......please. Anyone got this problem n solved it?!?!?