Thread: Question about side airbags and heated seats

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question about side airbags and heated seats

Hello, I am yet to purchase an Astra, but currently looking at an elegance model that comes fitted with side airbags. But I plan on fitting the car with Astra GSi half leather recaros which I understand also have side airbags. My question is; are the connectors the same (I'm sure they will be) And more importantly, can I connect them up with out any hassle? Will the airbag light come on and have to be tech2'd or will they spontaneously deploy?

Second question, being a top of the range model, will the FULL wiring for heated seats be present? As I understand it is common for the wiring to be only partly present. Also, I know half leather recaros do not have heating elements, I would source these either from full leather seats or vauxhall themselves and fit them myself or have them fitted by a car re-trimmer.

Thank you for any responses, they will be much appreciated and hopefully won't be long before I have myself an Astra to start a project on!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    As your car currently has side airbags, that part should be fine.
    Provided you keep the ignition turned off whilst the seats are unplugged you won't have any airbag lights come on.

Only way to tell about the heated seat wiring is to physically look to see if it is present.

Besides the heater pads, you will need the electronic control module as well, so far we havn't been able to find a part number listed for it, just the pads. The only way to get it is to rob them from a set of leather seats.

As an alternative, what about fitting an aftermarket heated seat kit. I have had the Waeco kit retrofitted to my seats, it does a great job.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WAECO-HEATED-S...item3ca9b8410b
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah ok, thank you for your reply! The plan was to get a hold of some leather seats and just remove the heating pads from that then sell them on, but is the electronic control module located on the seats, or somewhere else in the car?

Funnily enough, I just found one that has the heated seats as standard! Only problem is that it has the grey/cream interior, and while I don't mind replacing that with the black equivalent (door cards, carpet ect) I have never removed a dashboard before, any idea if it's an easy job? I had a quick look and seems people have done it, but never any indication of how easy it was, or how it was done.

Thank again SQ Man!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The control module is mounted under the seats.

No idea about the dash, never had to remove one.
    Might be worth searching to see who has done it & ask them via PM.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)