Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow hotzafira On Twitter

Im after an slr camera

Been introduces the the world of digital slr camera by a friend now i want one,any reccomendations or any one got one going for a little money?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whats your price range mate?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow hotzafira On Twitter
    will be saving for one so need a decent camera and bundle at a decent price,just depends how long i gotta save......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    I have got a Canon 1000D SLR, and think its great. Has had lots of use past couple of days at BTCC related events.

Is a fun, easy to use camera. I myself had never had one in the past, and just simply used a friends one, so had never really go to know how the settings work etc. As I said, went out for 2nd time yesterday with it for motorsport photography, and got some excellent shots from it.

Mine cost me £560 in total for the camera body, 18-55mm lense, 75-300mm lense, carry bag and an 8gB memory card.

The larger lense is useful for the likes of motorsport photography, however, depends what you want the camera for depends if you need to spend that bit extra for the larger lense.

Going by prices from Argos, the camera body itself is just over £300 without any lenses. To buy with the "normal" smaller lense is around the £370 mark. With the larger lense, you are looking just under £500. If you think the larger lense would be of use, then its worth buying as a set from new, rather than buying several months down the line. Managed to get mine for around £100 as it was included in the bundle, if I was to buy it individually it works out at around £230-£250.

HTH
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post
    I have got a Canon 1000D SLR, and think its great. Has had lots of use past couple of days at BTCC related events.

Is a fun, easy to use camera. I myself had never had one in the past, and just simply used a friends one, so had never really go to know how the settings work etc. As I said, went out for 2nd time yesterday with it for motorsport photography, and got some excellent shots from it.

Mine cost me £560 in total for the camera body, 18-55mm lense, 75-300mm lense, carry bag and an 8gB memory card.

The larger lense is useful for the likes of motorsport photography, however, depends what you want the camera for depends if you need to spend that bit extra for the larger lense.

Going by prices from Argos, the camera body itself is just over £300 without any lenses. To buy with the "normal" smaller lense is around the £370 mark. With the larger lense, you are looking just under £500. If you think the larger lense would be of use, then its worth buying as a set from new, rather than buying several months down the line. Managed to get mine for around £100 as it was included in the bundle, if I was to buy it individually it works out at around £230-£250.

HTH

I got the Canon EOS1000D aswell mate and i cant fault it really good beginner camera and it had a real good write up as an excellent beginner DSLR in What Camera!

I got mine for £400 from Warehouse Express with a 15-75mm and 75-300mm Canon Lenses

But the kit seems to have gone up since last year to £499 http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-...s-kit/p1028309
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    I paid £500 for mine, then another £60 for the bag and memory card. Seemed like a reasonable price to me.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This could be a good thread, since i wouldn't mind owning an SLR one day.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    it is think it must have been a offer from Warehouse Express at the time because everywere else was around the £500 and no where would price match it!

I bought a Lowpro AW case with the pull out WeatherProof over cover which has saved the camera a couple of times! Everything else (Spare Battery, Filters, Monopod etc i bought from 7day shop!)
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you are looking at spending less than £500, have a look at Nikon D40's. Can get the body and 18-55mm lens for about £250 brand new nowadays.

I've got one, with a Sigma DG APO 70-300mm lens and a Lowpro bag, all come up to much less than £500 and its a good bit of kit
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post

HTH

I have just bought this camera. Cant fault it and great upgrade from old Fuji non DLSR.

I paid £530 for mine with 18-55mm lense and the EX220 flash canon and delivery.

For not lot of money ive bought a remote control for it £3.90 inc delivery. A UV filter to protect the lense and a 57mm hood £7.50 inc delivery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast