Thread: astra g handling

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra g handling

is it possible to substantially increase the astra g's handling to rival that of the french cars? namely the renaulsport megane r?

would fitting front strut brace, rear arb, coilovers, carbon fibre bonnet/pollycarb rear windows and track-widening suffice?

also, on the topic of track-widening.. i currently have a mk4 astra 2.0 sri with the multi v-spoke wheels... id like to put spacers in to widen the track not only for show, but also hopefully for handling. would it be a case of sticking 20mm spacers on each wheel or is there more to it than that

looking forward to reading your responses!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    coilovers etc will help but cant see you getting the same sort of handling as most french cars,ive owned many vauxhalls and thrown loads of money into a few corsa/nova lets,for handling.big engines dont help but they handled well,but to put it next to my mates 106gti it had nothing near it,handling only that is mind

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes, fit good suspension (personally id say bilstein dampers and eibach springs) whiteline front and rear anti roll bars, strut brace for additional strengthening.... in addition to this i also have polyurethane bushes throughout to stiffen things up even more

this will be more than enough for your 2.0 - i have the above on my 240bhp turbo and it handles perfectly - hard, low and stiff!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    yes, fit good suspension (personally id say bilstein dampers and eibach springs) whiteline front and rear anti roll bars, strut brace for additional strengthening.... in addition to this i also have polyurethane bushes throughout to stiffen things up even more

this will be more than enough for your 2.0 - i have the above on my 240bhp turbo and it handles perfectly - hard, low and stiff!
    have to tested other cars? how does it compare to others which supposedly have great handling from the outset?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also if someone could give me some more info on wheels spacers and any potential problems? id like to give my car a wider stance but also improve handling