Thread: EVAP Purge Valve & hoses on a 'Let....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

EVAP Purge Valve & hoses on a 'Let....

Good morning folks,

I'm nearly finished the conversion from 2.2 to z20let but I've hit a few problems :

- EVAP purge valve from 2.2 doesn't fit loom on Z20Let so need a new one which is on order, but have no clue where the black plastic rigid hosing goes (engine side). In case I've confused everyone it's the canister-type valve which two pin-out and inlet+outlet. The valve itself connects to the engine on one side and to a "charcoal canister" which sits tucked up the offside from wing just behind your indicator (Astra Coupe Mk4 Bertone). Anyone know where on the engine the rigid hose goes?!?!? I have accounted for the brake vacuum hose and where it goes, but can't find where the vacuum pipe leading to this EVAP valve goes.... Any ideas?

I'm also in the hunt for :
    - Top-half of the timing belt cover
    - Coolant bottle with hole for sensor (as per the Z20let loom). My own bottle from the 2.2 didn't have any sensor so alternative is to coil up the excess cabling and either leave or short the connectors to fool MFD - which I don't have btw! - What you think?!?!?)

Can't wait to get this thing on the road again.... new job has really put pay to the time available to work on this...

Kind Regards,
    John H

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

Any ideas folks?!?!? I'm due at the garage tonight and wanna put these purge hoses to bed.... Calling all z20let engine owners!!! lol

Where does the EVAP valves' pipe (engine side) end up going to?? Any pics/replies gratefully received.

Many thx,
    John H