Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat bck exhausts

1.8 Ryan

Cat bck exhausts

yo i just got a powerflow cat bck exhaust of turbo chris on here and it looks awsome but its not very load so has anyone on here got a surgestion for a centre section non resonated to go with a powerflow duel exit bck box ? my astra coupes a 1.8 thx

1.8 Ryan
    i was thinkin of replacin the centre section with a scorpion 1? anyone have any other ideas thx

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not into noise myself...Cybox, GT3 and a few others all make non-silenced/resonated centre sections. Unless the Powerflow one is bespoke I would imagine all would fit. They're all nothing but a pipe so I doubt it matters what brand you go for.

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    scorpion, remus, sportex all do a non resonated centre which are all flange fit

1.8 Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1412 View Post
    scorpion, remus, sportex all do a non resonated centre which are all flange fit
    mines not a flange its push fit and the exhaust on mine is of a 2 litre so i had to get it welded on but the powerflow exhaust it self i love the bck box and all becasue its duel exit but the centre section doesnt sound very load atall just sounds like a big puff so is a non resonated pipe just a long pipe with no silencer in the middle? if so would it be best takin the baffles out of the powerflow silencer and see whatt difference is ? cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-MK4-EX...item4ceaacb220

This Non Resi ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-RACING...item563265d0f6

This 1 resonated pipe ??

Thxs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if ur centre section has a silencer then chop it out and fit a smaller one or none at all

same goes for the rear silencers if they actually have them

all depends what u want at the end of the day - best off getting ur self down to a local custom exhaust place so they can fabricate something for your needs - even if it is just a cut n shut on the silencers in question

1.8 Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    if ur centre section has a silencer then chop it out and fit a smaller one or none at all

same goes for the rear silencers if they actually have them

all depends what u want at the end of the day - best off getting ur self down to a local custom exhaust place so they can fabricate something for your needs - even if it is just a cut n shut on the silencers in question

so basically u mean take the baffles out ??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the baffles are inside the silencer - i mean cut the silencer out and replace with a length of straight pipe!

all depends how loud u want to go and of course what the system currently consists of cos i couldnt tell from your initial post

1.8 Ryan
    its basically a pipe goin to the cat with a centre silencer and a back box with another pipe welded onto it so its duel exit the usual powerflow stuff it pops abit as im drivin along dunno why hehe but atm its very quiet so i would like to hear it but not so loud that the police gonna pull me over

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    go somewhere and get a pipe made, it'll be a perfect fit and there wont be much difference in price

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast