Thread: Hi Everyone, i need help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face Hi Everyone, i need help

Hi To every1 im new and new with the car aswell lol.
    I've Got a Astra mk4 1.8 16v Sport, and i need to know a couple of things,
    my friend has got a astra aswell but he told me to dont change head unit because after the clock dash is not working anymore.
    I've got a full sound system kit, cables, amp, sub but the only problem is i dont know how to let the cable thru from the engine to the boot, and i need to know how can i use again the steering controll and the dash with a Sony Head Unit, is any1 from Rochdale or Near who can help me ???
    thanks
    Bye

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome to AOC.

You can change the head unit, but your display will no longer show information. To retain the time you need to cut the Red/White wire that goes from the ISO plug to the MFD plug. Be careful, as there are two Red/White wires connected to the same pin on the ISO plug, the second one powers the aerial amp. If you cut the wrong one you will have poor reception.

Have a read through this thread, it has pics of where you can find a grommet to run your power cable through.
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=970

You can get adaptors that allow you to use the steering wheel controls. Most come in two parts, one matches up to the Astra wiring, the second one is a manufacturer specific adaptor to connect your head unit to the Astra adaptor. Have a look at this thread for more details.
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=94227
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SQ Man View Post
    Welcome to AOC.

To retain the time you need to cut the Red/White wire that goes from the ISO plug to the MFD plug. Be careful, as there are two Red/White wires connected to the same pin on the ISO plug, the second one powers the aerial amp. If you cut the wrong one you will have poor reception.
    There is one Red/white at the ISO and one Grey wire there, Cutting the red/white will keep the date on the top display and stop the steering wheel controls lighting up

Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason