Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My car is way too low, any way to remedy?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My car is way too low, any way to remedy?

My car is lowered 40mil on Jamex springs, but my bumpers and skirts (rieger kit) are so low also that they scrape and scratch on EVERYTHING. Just today I had to take my cousins home and 5 of us in the car and the bloody exhaust was touching the floor and the wheels were inside the bloomin arches.

Garage has quoted me 350 quid to fit new suspension, which is aload of bollocks IMO, what can I do to fix this? Get a new set of springs/shocks that are only like 25/30mil drop?

Or am I looking at replacing my kit?

Anyone else have this problem? I cant even go over speed bumps, or get in multi story car parks.
    1.8 SE2 Coupe! Let the mods begin...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get some coilys, at the top there about 25mm, and theyll be alot stiffer so stop the car dropping so much on full loud, and bouncing about over speed bumps... then you can slam it when you want it low without much effort

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joereynolds89 View Post
    get some coilys, at the top there about 25mm, and theyll be alot stiffer so stop the car dropping so much on full loud, and bouncing about over speed bumps... then you can slam it when you want it low without much effort
    Got any particulars in mind? Something that wont break the bank mind you...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im running fks and love them but are a fair old price, everyone seems to recommend the racelands, and there only 140ish... but i think they have issues if you change the height of them alot though there also pretty stiff... my mate loves his vmaxx, there the 200 mark... its really upto you, with suspension though it is alot more of you get what you pay for

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wouldnt be changing the height much if at all. even springs that are like 25mil would be fine.

How do you adjust coilovers anyhow? take the wheel off and turn a screw or something?

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riskoe View Post
    How do you adjust coilovers anyhow? take the wheel off and turn a screw or something?
    Kinda. There are collars that sit under the spring. These are on a threaded shaft (oo-er), just wind the the collars up to raise suspension, wind them down to lower it

With mine on a 4 poster, the garage could adjust the height without removing the wheel. But to do it myself at home I take the wheel off, as a lot easier with just a trolley jack (at least I would do that except I lost one of the spanners used to adjust them )

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ye pretty much mate, you don't even need to take the wheel off really

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    your problem is the fact you have just springs and the dampers are still soft so the car's suspension will still travel as normal (e.g when you have a car full the springs will compress) you need to uprate your dampers to limit the travel.

i have a kit and coilovers with a heafty drop and i dont suffer too much with catching the bumper, i just have to go real slow over speed bumps haha
    This is evolution
    The monkey, The man, then the gun

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod1-SRi View Post
    your problem is the fact you have just springs and the dampers are still soft so the car's suspension will still travel as normal (e.g when you have a car full the springs will compress) you need to uprate your dampers to limit the travel.

i have a kit and coilovers with a heafty drop and i dont suffer too much with catching the bumper, i just have to go real slow over speed bumps haha
    Im not running on standard dampers if thats what you mean?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would change the springs for something higher, i had the jamex 40mm springs and shocks and it was far too low, changed the springs for the eibach pro kit (30mm) and its much better, no worries about scrapping or anything regardless of the load in the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast