Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Induction whistling??

Hi people,

I have installed a cone filter with cold air feed to it and since fitting it, it whistles slightly then roars at high revs (i think normal), then relase throtle it dumps like a DV? then kinda whistles louder after, sounds unusual? This didn't happen when I had my standard airbox on!

Please help me??

NOTE: I have changed all clips, all tight, can't feel any leaks around anywhere in the engine! Has no error codes or anyting

THANKS.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds fine, my car does the same and i got cone filter. As theres no box muffling the sound that travels back through crossover you can hear everything, including OE DV, and spooling etc etc! Also mine didnt do it with standard box on either.

Enjoy it mate, imo its one of the best sounds around.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this sort of effect when I put a cone on my 1.5 turbo deisel corsa. I thought it would be down to the turbo being able to spin more freely and creating that whistling noise? Mine also roared more in the higher revs, I think that's just the induction noise that will naturally come with an open cone.

Don't hold me to that turbo getting more air statement, that's just an opinion.
    Astra Coupe Bertone 1.8

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Same on mine. Had a BMC open air filter that drove me crazy. Changed it to a "sportfilter" that fits in the original place. Got rid of the noise and gained more power, in my oppinion.
    Opel Zafira OPC 2003
    300hk ???nm
    www.garaget.org/funkytear

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers people! I had an induction kit on all my cars to date, just love the sound. Just this is the only one that sounds different, lol.

I mean I love the sound, its just the whistling. Not convinced its the turbo spoolin up and I can't find a leak in any hoses. It still holds normal boost etc....Also sounds like its the induction cone dumping the air after acceleration not the OE DV?? LOL

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly how mine is, the noise is travelling up through crossover and out of cone, thats why it sounds like its coming from cone. Can the whistling be heard when your just driving along at lowish revs, say 3k, not accelerating just keeping steady speed? If so thats how mine sounds.

I honestly think all you can hear is the turbo working normally, its just alot louder as you have a cone. All the turbo mecanical noise is coming out of cone! I wouldn't worry!

Is it a VXR unit? As ive noticed my new VXR unit whistles louder than my old let one.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for you help guys. Yeah Ian all that above, im just being a bit paranoid, lol. I mean it sound great, and I may not bother with a DV now as it sounds alot louder. Yeah it's a VXR turbo, it must all be good then. Now all I need is a 2nd hand FMIC lol and a re-map! :-)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow WARDY25 On Twitter Add WARDY25 on Facebook
    catn beat the sound, up the boost and it'll prob sound even better
    ASTRA 'J' 330 SRI CDTI RST