Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Problems *1st Post*

07 Astra 1.9CDTi SRi 150

Ok so a few days ago the car started making a whining noise and couldnt tell where it was coming from, seemed to be louder at higher speeds but the car was running fine.

Then yesterday the car went into limp mode and i had to pull over, switched the engine off and back on and it was fine again, there was no engine light on but a total drop in power, seriously its like a slug until 2.5k on the revs then a sudden surge of power.

Anyway im lucky to have 2 weeks warranty left on the car so ive got it booked in for tomorrow morning, while its there there taking a look at the drivers side door which makes some funny clunking noise.

Anyone else had problems like this?
    Ill post what the problem was when i find out.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello lacs this is very common on the cdti engine .The first thing i would check out mate is the egr valve this is well documented as a know problem causing lack of power in the low rev range ,if its at the dealers i would imagine this will be changed for you ..

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply, since the problem started i've been reading a lot of posts on the forum and found a lot of people with the same problem.

I had booked the car into the original dealer to check the problem but on the day it was being driven there the engine light went off on the dashboard and after having it for a whole day they told me that they had a code of a "general problem" but couldnt figure out what it related too and since the light was not on anymore it had sorted its self out.

The car was exactly the same as it was when it was taken to them, so i got home and was pretty pissed off so i rang vauxhall customer care, they pretty much took over and said i could take it to any other dealership and if i phoned them they would deal with situation for me. Now its booked in for next wednessday, i went and seen the mechanic at the new garage and told him what had happened, he said they deal with this problem all the time and mentioned the EGR and swirl flaps. I was pretty happy with that so ill just wait and see what the outcome is and post it on here.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dude i know what your going threw. I have similar situation no power under 2500 revs, took it main dealer a good few weeks back now they said as the car had not stored an fault code not really much we can do come back when you get a error code coming up on dash .
    anyhow thought bo**ocks to this ill fix it myself so done alot of reading up and come to the conclusion it was probably the egr valve ,so cleaned the egr valve out car runs great again for about a week then problem starts coming back again ,cleaned egr valve once more car runs great for a few days then problem comes back .by this point im really starting to pull my hair out and think sod it ill buy a brand new egr valve its got to be the problem.
    egr vavle arrives fit to car ,again car run fantastic for two days then starts playing up with the ald low power under 2500 revs and to rub more salt into the wound im now getting shocking turbo lag .
    so as you have done ive rang vauxhall customer complains and demanded my car is sorted ,they've booked it into another dealership so fingers crossed car fixed soon ill let you know how i get on matey..

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorted...

New EGR valve fitted and the car is running fine again.
    The new garage i used were spot on, they even noticed my brake pads were low on the front 'which i knew about already' and gave me a call and a quote to replace them.

I think my faith in vauxhall is renewed, altho the call to the customer care may of helped.

Raffy i hope yours is sorted soon too, i know how much of a pain in the arse it is.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lacs1979 View Post
    Sorted...

New EGR valve fitted and the car is running fine again.
    The new garage i used were spot on, they even noticed my brake pads were low on the front 'which i knew about already' and gave me a call and a quote to replace them.

I think my faith in vauxhall is renewed, altho the call to the customer care may of helped.

Raffy i hope yours is sorted soon too, i know how much of a pain in the arse it is.
    Just out of interest mate, which garages have you been using?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by munkie View Post
    Just out of interest mate, which garages have you been using?
    ive been using lookers in warington and lookers in st helens ..

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used the Ashington Garage, In Northumberland. Yours sorted yet raffy? Mine feels quicker now than when it was bought.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    alrite lacs1979, sorry for late reply been working away . No mate still not fixed stalemate with dealers they said can't find any faults in the ecu there for the car must be ok, according to them .
    I put another complaint into vauxhall customer sevice ,they said they will arrange for an engineer to come out to me and sit in the car so i can explain whats happening .ill keep yeah posted dave ...