Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Bertone Convertible Hood

Hi All
    I was wondering if anyone knew hoy you top up the hydraulics for power hood on a astra mk4 convertible.
    The reservoir id in the rear left panel in boot where you change rear light bulbs, it has a min and max on it,(mines at min) but I cant see how or what to top it up with, was wondering if anyone knew.

thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as far as i know you need to jack one side of the car up and then top it up. mines been at min since ive had the car. unless its causings problems then dont worry about
    GTC SRI 2.0 CDTI

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is at min aswell, I think it rises up and down when operating the roof.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks guys

I think your right, Ill leave alone until level drops more or I have a problem.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You dont check the fluid level unless the roof is down as all the fluid is in the hydrulic rams!

vauxhall say to top it up you need to remove the boot trim and take the reserviour out as the filling point is on the side below the fluid level

the fluid should never need to be topped up unless u have a leak due to it being a closed system and the fluids technical properties
    Europa Astra Coupe Turbo Regal Stage 3 EDS HiTorq - 275bhp 460nm

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Im thinking of buying a 54 plate Astra Convertible but when the guy operated the roof, he needed to push the roof gently about 3 inches before the roof responded and went down, when he brought the roof back up, it connected fine to the hooks, do you think thats a major problem or if I buy it can I get it sorted, many thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcusabryan View Post
    Hi Im thinking of buying a 54 plate Astra Convertible but when the guy operated the roof, he needed to push the roof gently about 3 inches before the roof responded and went down, when he brought the roof back up, it connected fine to the hooks, do you think thats a major problem or if I buy it can I get it sorted, many thanks
    Leave well alone, just search this forum for roof problems, it should only need the button to work, or offer a grand less .
    It might be ok but why buy it if it's not right in the first place, there are loads about this time of the year.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, It was just the right spec, just spent £140.00 on AA inspection + Car check, phoned a few dealerships and was told it could just be lazy due to inactivity, to a new motor, no one can really say, it doesnt seem to be the same as anyone elses problems with roofs, just wondering why it wont release without a little nudge when the roof comes a way, but when it comes back, theres no problem.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine some times does it, but when it opens, like its not got enough power to lift it, but after a lil nudge it goes down fine. its only happens when the roof has been left up for 2 or 3 weeks though

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello clubbers. I have similar problem and I need adding oil. Please help me.
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...73#post6628773

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast