AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Glacious On Twitter Add Glacious on Facebook

Deposit/Legal Help...

Hey All

Basically I have been after a DTM coupe in Wales for quite some time and the guy/woman has blown me off about 4-5 times now with various excuses as to why I can come and get the car and has phoned me before saying its up to me I can wait for the car or get my deposit of £300 back which I put down so they would hold the car.

Anyhow as of yesterday I got another excuse and I said enough is enough and Id like my deposit back, and ever since then I can't get through to either of them on there mobiles one goes to answer phone and one just rings and dosnt answer, and neither will they reply to any text messages.

I sent them the deposit via Bank Transfer, I have there supposed address, both there mobiles numbers, 2 of there email address, and all the emails sent between us regarding the deposit.

Is there any way I can claim this back legally or via my bank?? As I am getting rather peeved off with them now and need my money back

Any help would be great.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's a tight spot, if they refuse you'll have to go to the plod and take all the evidence with you. You'll need to show that, that's what the money was for and that it was transferred to them. Your bank will not be able to do anything until the police have been involved, even then it's upto the bank to consider what to do. There's not alot they can do though.

Have you been to their 'supposed' address? I'd be right round there wanting my cash

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    go round and burn thier house down...

or more rationally at least go round and demand the money back. (take a group of friends for intimidation/back up) at least thats what i'd do
    This is evolution
    The monkey, The man, then the gun

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Annoying as only sort of real evidence is emails...

Looks like Ill go to the plod and see then... this sucks tbh, feels like all people are out to do is con ...

I would go to there house but its a 4 and a half hour drive, to get there and them not be in would be slightly annoying

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ouch LOL! .....
    Back in an astra and loving it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats gutting. But i don't know where you stand legally as a deposit is usually non-refundable. I know they said you can have it back but legally they may be able to keep it as you are the one pulling out of the sale, not them. I may well be wrong, im sure someone will correct me if i am.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate sorry to hear the amont of grief youve gone through for this. If you do speak with Plod it may well be looked on as a civil issue not a criminal one and as such will direct you to the citizens advice beuro.

Just out of curiosity was it a private sale or are they a business. The only reason I ask is that you talk about e-mails between you and them. If you still have the original e-mails you can pull the IP adress of the sender off it and there are ways to track the IP adress to a real adress if you wanted to take legal action.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cheers for the advice.

Looks like going to the plod then and it was a private sale so I guess you live and learn dont put a deposit down :P

Lets hope

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well if you dont have any luck with plod or Citizens Advice then pay them a visit.

Hope it all works out for you.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Trying ringing the numbers with 141 in front to withhold your number maybe they will answer then? Sorry to hear you havent got the car. I can give you a lift next week to the meet if you havent got a car by then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast