Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: New here and not a happy bunny with Vauxhall any help Plz

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    wrighty.uk.gorl's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    New here and not a happy bunny with Vauxhall any help Plz

    Hi all just joined this fourm room and had a good look for the answer to my question but can not find it.

    But first 2 weeks ago on wednesday my car went for a MOT and if failed on the brakes on the front off my car so i had to have new disk's and pads. when i took the car for the MOT it was driving fine just stopping was a little hard work

    When i got the car back out off the garage the car felt a little different but i put that down to new brakes and pads and thought nothing off it.

    Yesterday though i pulled away from light and the car seemed like it wheel spinned thought it was strage and it did it a few more time and i decided i was going to go back to the garage monday to get it looked at as it was deffently not me wheel spinning it.

    Today though i went to my local asda store and there was a almighty clunk from my front think right wheel. When ever i try and move it just clunks all the time and the stering wheel is fighting me all the way it took me 1 hour to drive 5 miles home to give you a idea how bad it is. It like there is no stearing there at all then there is and you have to constantly fight with the car to go in a strait line and or turn it very dangerouse.

    Would could this be please ? and also will i have any legal ground on this when i go back to the garage monday as the car was fine untill they changed my brakes and pads and i not in any mood to spend more money on the car when i have a gut feeling it something they have done.

    Sorry about the long winded post but wanted to get as much info in there as possible

    Thank you every one Ian

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    scrim's Avatar
    AstraSport Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,532
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hhhmmm sounds like your front right break is sticking then or something, legally i think you would have something tbh as they've sent you back out, with the car and its clearly unsafe! if you have a mechanic friend, get them to have a look at it first or something so you have an "expert" to back you up on it, and they should come round and pick your car up as they've ballsed it up and would be quite reckless to try and drive it

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    wrighty.uk.gorl's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrim View Post
    hhhmmm sounds like your front right break is sticking then or something, legally i think you would have something tbh as they've sent you back out, with the car and its clearly unsafe! if you have a mechanic friend, get them to have a look at it first or something so you have an "expert" to back you up on it, and they should come round and pick your car up as they've ballsed it up and would be quite reckless to try and drive it
    Thanks for the reply the problem i going to have it i dont know a mechanic so it will be there word against mine.

    Also i forgot to add in the first post :-

    When i turn my stearing wheel now the front wheels do not always turn and when you let go off the stearing wheel it fly back. It also keep loosing center one min it centered perfect then it over to the right then left.

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    scrim's Avatar
    AstraSport Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,532
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrighty.uk.gorl View Post
    Thanks for the reply the problem i going to have it i dont know a mechanic so it will be there word against mine.

    Also i forgot to add in the first post :-

    When i turn my stearing wheel now the front wheels do not always turn and when you let go off the stearing wheel it fly back. It also keep loosing center one min it centered perfect then it over to the right then left.
    that doesnt sound good what so ever... without a doubt they should come pick it up and fix the problem with NO fee, i dont know how legal action goes but as far as i'd see it, they've put yours and other people lives at risk, as simple as that, definately seek advice

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    wrighty.uk.gorl's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrim View Post
    that doesnt sound good what so ever... without a doubt they should come pick it up and fix the problem with NO fee, i dont know how legal action goes but as far as i'd see it, they've put yours and other people lives at risk, as simple as that, definately seek advice
    You think i shoud ring traiding standered befor i go to the garage though ?

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    scrim's Avatar
    AstraSport Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,532
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrighty.uk.gorl View Post
    You think i shoud ring traiding standered befor i go to the garage though ?
    i dont know much about it but definately! without a doubt, what would have happened if you crashed because of this? and god knows how many other people could have been hurt too, imagine if it was on a high speed road... so yeah thats the first thing i'd do

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    wrighty.uk.gorl's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrim View Post
    i dont know much about it but definately! without a doubt, what would have happened if you crashed because of this? and god knows how many other people could have been hurt too, imagine if it was on a high speed road... so yeah thats the first thing i'd do

    Thanks for all the advice something tell me my moday is going to be a funky day.

    I will post back when happens and what is said though

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    scrim's Avatar
    AstraSport Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,532
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah keep us informed and all the best!

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    SRI-T Keithy's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,745
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That sounds like you cv joint has gone.

    If it is it is nothing to do with the work they have done.

    Where are you based? Maybe some one could give you an idea what is wrong

    White is the new Black

    FARMYARD TUNING

    LEH IS THE FUTURE

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    Bubba's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrighty.uk.gorl View Post
    Thanks for the reply the problem i going to have it i dont know a mechanic so it will be there word against mine.

    Also i forgot to add in the first post :-

    When i turn my stearing wheel now the front wheels do not always turn and when you let go off the stearing wheel it fly back. It also keep loosing center one min it centered perfect then it over to the right then left.

    That sounds very strange, not really sure how they could have caused this while changing the brakes, I would contact them as soon as possible for their advice.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Not a happy bunny
    By Pete in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-02-2008, 20:21
  2. Not a happy bunny
    By Scrappy Doo in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-11-2004, 14:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •