Thread: hi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi

Hi guys,I have a mk3 I think 1700 isuzu tds estate on an N plate.Dont know which forum will work best for me,clutch went today and alternater playing up can anyone direct me to a cheap haynes please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome to the forum matey, see you're not to far from me, enjoy the site and hope you sort your problems out soon

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome to AOC and I hope you enjoy the club - I'm another mk3 nut, had quite a few (including an isuzu diesel). Your best bet will be a recon alternator from halfords (they do a rebate payment when you take your old one back in to them as they recondition the old ones). I don't have my haynes manual to hand atm as I'm house sitting, but you can get haynes manuals second hand online at places such as ebay or amazon.co.uk

Just so you know, you will need to get a seperate diesel engines haynes manual for your engine as the mk3 astra haynes manual does not cover the diesel engine itself. One important warning for the future as well though - never try to change the fuel filter on your diesel engine your self for the mk3 as it is not a simple straightforward job and the haynes manual omits to tell you a vital step, which resulted in our diesel mk3 going off to the scrapyard with terminal engine death (The first one I've lost, I tend to rescue them from scrapyards, not condemn them to it!) Get a garage to change the fuel filter for you.

Anyhoo let me know what specific info you need from the haynes (or diesel haynes) manuals as the other half has them both at his house as well atm so I can ask him to take a look and post up a reply for you if needed.

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome to te site.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome..

er alternator comes out from underneath and has the oil pump on the back of it... and i believe the clutch is a right bitch to do..
    1.8 16v 99 T plate.