AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry eml showing and lack of power

hi there, am new to the site and am in need of help

i have a 1.7 dti astra van (2001)
    have read about a few probs with these and i just need confirmation on what i think?!

1st i have put the diag on and got the following errors- P0380 - Glow Device General Error

the other probs i have are when started from cold the eml comes on for about 5 mins the goes off. unless i go about 80mph for a while then it comes on again and judders a little and slows down!

also i am realy lacking power, pulling away is sometimes a struggle and acceleration is pooh!! also it smokes a little, especially when trying to pull away!!

from what i have read im thinking the fuel pump ecu?? does this sound about right? i have tested the glow plugs and they seem fine? apart from the obvious should i be considering any other prob??

cheers guys

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, if it is the fuel EDU this can be repaired quite easily, what happens is that a small part of soldier in the edu becomes corroded and gets bad connection, if you remove the edu and flip it over, carefully cut away the black seal holding the backing plate on, then carefully pop off with a small flat skrew driver.once done there will be a small square/rectangle shaped piece of solder just off from the centre of the circuit board, you willl be able to tell strait away if this is the problem as it will be a dull grey colour instead of a bright shine like the rest of the soldiers on the board, if this is the case remove and replace the damaged soldier, if you are not capable of doing this i am sure you will be able to find an auto electrition to do this. this problem is very common, hope this helps.oh dont forget to seal back up when putting back togeather.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice one matey, will give it a go this weekend adn let u know!