Thread: Astra Mk4 rear middle seatbelt

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Mk4 rear middle seatbelt

Hi all, my lovely new (well second hand but new too me) Astra is running like a dream and she is so easy to care for I can't believe it, however after checking about in the back for sweet wrappers and bottles off our 5 year old I found that the middle 3 point seatbelt is stuck. I cannot seem to get any slack off it at all, the seats are in the upright and locked position, buttons are all up on the chairs so I know it is not that.

Is there any way of getting too the mechanism and releasing a lever or something to allow me to pull the belt out?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by whiplash.2006 View Post
    Hi all, my lovely new (well second hand but new too me) Astra is running like a dream and she is so easy to care for I can't believe it, however after checking about in the back for sweet wrappers and bottles off our 5 year old I found that the middle 3 point seatbelt is stuck. I cannot seem to get any slack off it at all, the seats are in the upright and locked position, buttons are all up on the chairs so I know it is not that.

Is there any way of getting too the mechanism and releasing a lever or something to allow me to pull the belt out?
    I too have the same problem.... but my belt jammed with the seat down! I've been told to release - the seat has to come out and to dismantle in order to release part of the seatbelt mechanism.... Trouble is, my car is in the garage now having a new injector pump fitted - so I'll have to wait till i get it back to check it out.... Watch this space!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Centre belt has two safety interlocks on it. One connects to the rear seat catch, the other is connected to the hinge mechanism between the seats. Basically, unless the seat is in the fully upright & locked position then the centr belt will remain locked.
    The mechanisms are known to fail. To replace them the rear seat will need to be partially dismantled. A new mechanism from Vauxhall is in the region of £150.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ouch. i got a whole interior if you want it, its black velour with the diamond print....
    pm me if interested