Thread: Astra 1.7 turbo diesel surging

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Astra 1.7 turbo diesel surging

Hi guys , brother-in-laws got an astra turbo diesel 1.7 on a V (1999)

Has been having the odd problem with it surging ..only does it every now and then .Put my op-com on and he had a fault code p0100 mass air flow sensor low input .Put i think this was due to a guy having a look and checking the MAF cause i cleared the trouble code and it ran ok for about a week and then it did it again (surged) but no fault code ,he says he thought it was gonna cut out but it did not.

Only happens now and again..told him to bring it up and put op-com on again but no DTCs only his air bag light on which i cleared(this was due to him having work done in the past and they did not clear the air bag light for him lazy sods )

Anyway checked to see if there were any other codes and found under "body" section of op-com these but i don't think these are the problem but can some one clarify these reading (i know what the codes mean but does the not present just mean these don't mean anything.

Car starts fine ,his temp gage does not work so gonna fit a new thermostat for him ,told him this needs sorting. here are what came up before i cleared them -

p1635-glow device circuit general error (0A) not present

p0400-critical system malfunction 2(refer to checking procedure :trouble code description) (05)-not present

p1335-injection pump:no engine speed input signal from control unit (0A)-not present

p0725-engine speed sensor input circuit no signal (oD)-not present

These showed up with ignition on but engine not started.. anyone interpretate these readings

cheers guys ,just trying to make sense and why the car only surges now and again and starts ok.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did you ever get this sorted ???i have same problem except . it does it everytime without fail after 5 mins running . ,.i have the gm 1.7 turbo diesel engine ,, also rev counter stops working ,

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    sorry no ,still searching.