Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Hello from new member!

Hello
    I've been a reader for a while, thought I'd finally sign up and say hello and tell you about my zafira and the 'common problems' I've experienced since getting the zafira last june.

bought the zaf 1.6 club in june 09 from a dealer in barnsley - traded two good cars in after being made redundant and no longer needing both. it came with the usual years warranty - 'won't be needing that' i thought... hah yeah right....

2 days after purchase, car was back in with broken radiator fixing. new radiator fitted under warranty

next, had new clutch and flywheel replaced due to awful judder - warranty
    throttle body replaced due to hum/whistle when driving - warranty
    drivers windows repaired after it stopped working - foc

then the car wouldn't start due to some ignition module playing up. they tried to reprogram it first but it then ended up being replaced - warranty

i then realised the heating/fan system wasn't blowing air to screen or face. the dealer had to send the zaf through to vauxhall to have dash removed to replace the heater matrix box - warranty

cd player stopped working - sent away for repair - warranty

that was all before christmas. since then...

i had it tested - went straight through - well done!

coil pack replaced after poor running and emissions warning light on dash - warranty

had nsr door loom replaced as central locking stopped working, speaker stopped working and interior light stopped coming on when door opened (not under warranty as wiring not covered - £250)

clutch is now starting to judder again - i think they maybe accidently fitted one of the dodgy ones - still in 'talks' with them over this

All these items are so called 'common faults'!!! luckily the warranty is one of the few which is actually worth the paper its written on, but with only 5months of it left and no chance of extending it (I've asked) i'm getting nervous as what else can go wrong!

whinfs

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont think anything else can go wrong can it???/ just an unfortunate experience i think but majority of us zaffy owners have had problems of some kind, what do you expect thou its a car lol. anyways welcome to the bus lane!!! enjoy
    220 B.H.P Zaffy GSi Turbo (2004)
    Live Life In The Fast Lane, Get A GSi! E: enbracefan@o2.co.uk

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wellcome to the site you have some problems lol good job you had warrenty
    slightly tweeked zaffy gsi. vxr turbo. scorpian precat. scorpian 200 cel sports cat. miltek cat back sytem. lowered on jom coilovers. 18" lxy haines

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the bus lane. Sorry you've had such a bad time with the zaffy. You will grow to love it I promise lol. Post some pics please
    Now drives a Vectra C 1.9 cdti SRi