Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick wash (piccys aswell) wax advice aswell??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

quick wash (piccys aswell) wax advice aswell??

got home a bit early from work today so i gave T8 a quick wash. just wondered if anybody could reccomend a decent wax to use. Iam using AG HD at the mo, it seems like a really good wax but i was just wondering if there was any others that people would reccomend?? around 30 quid???

couple of my mates 106 rallye that i used my DA polisher on saturday

cheers for any advice

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks great.

colly 915 is a great wax and is well within your budget.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertone ben View Post
    looks great.

colly 915 is a great wax and is well within your budget.
    cool, i just loked that up on cyc and it sounds good, not expensive either. somebody said to me about blue velvet??

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blue velvet or purple haze are both great waxes.
    I would opt on collinite 476s for the overall durability stakes over 915, they look almost identical, remember the finish is 99% preperation wax is just a protection and there is very little between appearances.
    fk1000p is flawless and within your budget as is dodo juice rainforest rub which is a great all rounder.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbt View Post
    Blue velvet or purple haze are both great waxes.
    I would opt on collinite 476s for the overall durability stakes over 915, they look almost identical, remember the finish is 99% preperation wax is just a protection and there is very little between appearances.
    fk1000p is flawless and within your budget as is dodo juice rainforest rub which is a great all rounder.
    Is there really alot of difference between waxes? i understand the lasting side of it, like a cheap wax wont last as long etc

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Waxes or sealant based paste waxes like collinite 476s and fk1000p are more heavy duty products with petroleums, solvents etc.
    Collinite is durable up to 6 months before protection wears thin where as fk1000p can last nearly a whole year so long as a the correct wash practice and correct shampoo with advised dillution is used.
    I tend to find dodo born to be mild is a good balanced wax safe shampoo, dillution is carzy with only a small amout needed, you can opt for the zymol off the shelf shampoo which is an excellent product once again.
    For fk1000p all the fk products compliment each other so well so fk1016 poly wash and concentrate will ensure the best life span from that.

As for carnauba waxes such as dodo juice, swissvax, poorboys etc I still find the zymol or dodo born to be mild also super slick and suds by poorboys, all pH balanced and wax safe.
    Use sour power from dodo juice or citrus wash and gloss from chemical guys every 4th wash to enhance gloss.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok thanks for that information that helps quite alot. i usually use megs gold class as a wash, then i polish then wax with megs or ag hd. comes up quite nice!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like a good finish you're getting from the HD. A simple case of the old adage: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    Looks like a good finish you're getting from the HD. A simple case of the old adage: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    very true.

imo 915 is miles ahead of 476.

476 tensd to mute teh finsihe where as 915 enhances it. although 915 dose not last quite as long i ahve not given mine a full detail since april 09 and after 5 coats of hartglanz and about 6 coats of 915 its still performing well ish. i did put a layer of p21s on a few weeks ago but that was cos i was bored.

nothing lasts for ages, to get any lsp to last you will need many layers.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    yeh it does seem good tbh, the only reason i ask is that my hd is running out. i may even buy another pot of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bertone ben View Post

nothing lasts for ages, to get any lsp to last you will need many layers.
    i think i will try to build the layers up when the weather gets better.
    can u reccomend a decent polish?

i use ag srp but it tends to be a bit chalky, i also have megs stage 2 polish which i use. are there any better ones about??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast