Thread: astra van 1.7dti fault p1125

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra van 1.7dti fault p1125

hi, can any 1 help me, i have a vauxhall astra van, 1.7 dti. i have had it to 3 garages and none of them can fix it, it brings the em light on when i go up hills and the fault code it p1125 which is waste gate regulator valve, i have replaced this and the problem is still here, here is a list of things i have done to try and cure problem: cleared the manifold, replaced,air intake sensor, map sensor, egr valve, had turbo serviced, all vacumn pipes changed, i am at my wits end with this as problem has been here for over 6 month now, van seems fine on normal roads, a little under powered but is at its worst when climbing hills. i live in the co durham area if any 1 is local who can help. i am thinking of trying the ECU next, will this help or am i wasting more money?
    i have had live data read and the boost pressure selenoid is constantly at 5.1%, and does not change when engine is reved up. is this normal?i have changed this part as the readings were 16 ohms instead of 5 ohms, but when i checked again after i changed it it was back to 16ohms, any ideas why this might be? cheers guys, Brian

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My moneys is probs on the EDU - common fault and having similar issues with mine (only had it 2 wks)

personally ive got 0370/1125/0400 so will be changing crank sensor first then maybe EDU (or repair existing one) next - if i decide to even bother

anyway in the meantime ill move this to the diesel specific forum for a wider audience

sorry i cant help any more personally as im learning myself about the infamous 0370/1125 codes on this engine - very common faults it would appear

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for that, i have opened the edu and its all still in mint condition.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where u from geordie bandit? you could try some my parts!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is the pulling situation worse when the engine is cold? If so it may be your valve clearences are not correct. Another reason for lack of power is there may be air getting into the system, check and replace your bleed off pipes, make sure your fuel filter is clean and the lid is on properly and not overtightened (6nm) Look where the pipes push into the filter housing are they tight? the seals somtimes go causing air ingress, your fuel system relies on a negative pressure being present, it only takes a pinhole to let air in causing fuel starvation under engine load.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    would that bring up this fault code?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it chugs like hell in the morning, till i travel about half a mile.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes as it is interfering with normal combustion and confusing the hell out of the ECU becuase the sensors are feeding back duff info and lile any computer crap in crap out.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks spedo, i will have another stab at it tomorrow, but i can see the van has had new diesel pipes put on as they are very clean and blue. also the diesel filter is new.it has just had injectors too as 1 of them was off so this may have caused a bit of upset with the fueling system. well tomorrow is another day, ha, wish me luck.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Mine does exactly the same. Interested to know what you find out
    T

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast