Thread: recommend me some 17cm speakers?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

recommend me some 17cm speakers?

Got a quick question, what speakers are recommended when looking for more base? 17cm ones that is not subs or 6x9's lol

Preferably just plug and play ones... i'm not the smartest at this speakers stuff, but looking to upgrade the rears :P and not looking for components?... i have no idea what they are but sounds like it ISN'T plug and play lol someone please inform me lol i feel really stupid

anyway bottom line is i'm looking for some 17cm speakers which gives out good bit of base , which just unplugs the old and plugs new ones into the standard eletric wireing (using the universal plug things if needed lol) as i don't want to get a sub or cut into the rear quater panels to fit 6x9s
    >>Diary<< Status: ...........Slow and Steady.... may update more often...
    Last Updated: 27/10/2014

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    If you're running off the standard head unit nothing will do this.
    If you want more mid-bass from the door speakers you will need to sound deaden your doors, do the inner & outer skins, then seal up any openings in the inner skin.
    Ideally fit a set of decent brand speakers & amp them.
    You will not get sub bass by just changing speakers, you really need a proper sub for this job. Is there any particular reason why you won't fit a sub?
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed, you won't get masses of bass from a pair of 17cm components. However swapping in a better pair, can give you a little more bass, enough to warrant the hassle. I swapped in (while I paid a shop to!) a pair of Kenwood KFC-PS1700P in my Zaffy A, running with original wire directly off a Kenwood W7544U headunit and didn't bother with deadening. No earth rumbling bass, but most certainly a worthwhile improvement.

That said, the tweeters were a super tight squeeze, especially due to proximity to door handles. Ditto making room to mount the crossovers was awkward. I went for these mainly because of their high sensitivity, which is a good indication they don't need much power to achieve a decent volume, hence work well un-amped. Plus they were well reviewed on the Talk Audio website.

That said Pioneer do a set, specially intended for Vauxhalls, here. Not quite as sensitive on paper, but should slot in nicely.

Either way, you can acheive a worthwhile improvement just swapping in door speakers. Then of course you later add an amp and sub and gain further improvement.