Thread: fiting new coolant bottle to gsi - refiting sensor?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

fiting new coolant bottle to gsi - refiting sensor?

Just run my engine up to temperature to check if my coolant bottle is leaking and the plastic pipe bit that sticks out towards front of car has a crack in it under the rubber hose and is leaking under pressure (i think this is the common leak?) many thanks for you guys on here telling me where to check

ive found a bottle to buy on ebay, but it doesnt come with a sensor, just wanted to check is it a quick/easy job to move the sensor over from existing bottle to the new one or is it best to buy a bottle that comes with a new sensor??

thanks guys
    Arden Blue MK4 GSi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no idea from me im afraid . but intrested cause i really gotta change mine before i hit the road again .
    Piper cone , Vxr turbo , Full decat , Miltek cat back , xev cam , 63mm fmic , hard boost pipes , PEC 86.5 forged pistons , H beam rods , under piston squirters , 6 paddle clutch

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it just pulls out pushes in as far as im aware, new bottles are £25 at vauxhall i nearly accidentilly brought one today

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As Joe said they are £25 from Vaux and the sensor just unclips from underneath and new one slots in same place. Easy as that. Just make sure you buy one with the space for a sensor as IIRC there are two different types of expansion tank. HTH
    Never happy, always wanting more!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah and anyone buying an engine from a Zafira GSI to fit into an Astra needs to be aware that the Zafira coolant bottle comes with a sensor as does the Wiring loom for a Z20let but if your Astra isn't a turbo, chances are the existing coolant bottle won't have the space in the bottom for the sensor. Furthermore, the Zafira bottle won't fit under the bonnet of the Astra or Astra coupe as the filler cap is in the lower-left quarter of the bottle (looking at it from the front of the car) as opposed to the standard Astra one which is situated on the top-left corner.

Just a little quirky thing to watch out for when carrying out a conversion