Thread: new bumper

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

new bumper

Hey guys any one on here good with paint as i just got my new bumper painted and it doesn't look rite and i m not sure if it needs laquer, The guy that painted it said if i tcut it it will come up with a shine but im not convinst.could you tell me if this is rite or what you would do thanks.

any one could help as soon as pos would be great so i can get it fitted asap.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    heyman. if uve just had a bumper painted ...and paid a good/fair price, you shouldnt need to do anything to it...it should ready to be fitted...thats what you pay a bodyshop for...if its got a matt look...he probabply hasnt done it proffessionally in an OVEN etc etc...it should be nice and shiny and smooth...is it smooth? or does it feel slighly rough? IF your existing paint is metalic and lacquered...its should be identical...if any doubts...take it back...from your pics...it looks like a home job with halfords spraycans...you get what you pay for...how much did you pay? proffesional bumber respray is about £275-£300

another way to tell if paintjob is good...is

look at your car...look at the reflections of objects in the paint of your car...

then look at the reflections in your bumper...if the reflections of objects are hazy...blurred...misty...its a poor job

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i didnt pay any thing.the guy paints the choppers at work and did it as a feaver.
    it was halfords spraycans i got.
    it was in an over,it looks a bit shiny but not the way i think it should do.should i lacquer it to make sure?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It will never be showroom finish with spraycans. But definately laquer it to get the best result out of a spraycan job. Try buying vauxhall paints and lacquer...they do paint and lacquer for £10 and its long long lasting and better quality.

KEEP IT SHINY! LOL