Thread: 2.2 or CDTi Airbox

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

2.2 or CDTi Airbox

Apologies if this has already been posted to death in the past but which is the best choice on a Z20LET engine and why? The 2.2 or the CDTi box????
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Something I have been thinking about recently. IMO the 1.9 looks better + you don't need to extend AFM wires.

2.2 can be fitted though using existing airbox hoses, just need to sort the breather. Not sure if you can use the OE hoses with 1.9. 2.2 is also cheaper

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i went to vaux at the weekend, they said 2.2 airbox is £61 and 1.9 is £58. as mentioned above though to actually get it on the car i think 2.2 is cheaper in the long run. Tbh i think they have the same kind of performance delivery

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_vxl View Post
    i went to vaux at the weekend, they said 2.2 airbox is £61 and 1.9 is £58. as mentioned above though to actually get it on the car i think 2.2 is cheaper in the long run. Tbh i think they have the same kind of performance delivery
    £58 sounds really cheap. They sell 2nd hand with pipe work for over £100. 2.2 can be had for £30-£40 2nd hand.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So what other expenses would be required on the 1.9 set up? I think you need a new 90 degree hose at the front end right? Anything else?
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have a look in the show us your engine pages, you will see what pipework you will need, as for AFM extension i dont know if you need that on the 1.9

you will need to either buy and oil breather for the rear of the block or you can plumb it back into the bottom of your airbox by drilling a hole.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ah see now that sounds hard! lmao. I'm so un-mechanically minded, Or any DIY really I just can't so it! I'm a computer person, I can't do physical handy man type stuff! lmao.

I haven't even managed to de-restrict my standard airbox yet coz i'm worried I would take it out and not get it back in right etc! lmao

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you will need to either buy and oil breather for the rear of the block or you can plumb it back into the bottom of your airbox by drilling a hole.[/QUOTE]

is it just me that thinks putting the breather into the airbox is a bad idea? oil on filter or worse over the airflow meter!!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Best off getting a 45 or 90 degree bend with a t-piece wielded in. that way you can run a hose from cam case breather into the pipe work after the AFM, before the turbo, same as the standard set-up then

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle View Post
    Best off getting a 45 or 90 degree bend with a t-piece wielded in. that way you can run a hose from cam case breather into the pipe work after the AFM, before the turbo, same as the standard set-up then

yeh thats wot i did the bend is only 20 quid of fleebay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast