Thread: New Oil cooler....need complete coolant flush.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow New Oil cooler....need complete coolant flush.

Morning peeps.

Last Sunday I had a run out to Sheffield from Southport, now I have been getting slight oil in the header tank, put up with it for a while now but last Sunday it got worse and at 1 point when the car was climbing there was steam coming out from under the bonnet

I managed to make it home with spare water after picking up 2 mirrors off one of the members on here.

On Monday just gone I remeoved the header tank and cleaned it out thorough with Paraffin as other stuff won't touch the slimey oil.

reinstalled back to the car and now it's all full of slimey oil again.

So here is my Question....

I ordered the new oil cooler lastnight so in a cpl of days it should be here for me to fit.

Now I know my coolant system is going to full of oily sludge, is there anything I can run through and flush the sytem apart from clear water from the hose pipe as I know it's not going to remove the crap that's there now.

I'm thinking I am going to have to remove most of the coolant hoses and clean with paraffin as this is the only gear that shifts the crap out of the header tank.

Anybody else done the above and maybe recommend another way to clean the system ?

Tim.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I used washing powder and Holts Radflush 2 Step from halfords.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya m8. Thanks for the reply, yeah I went off reading today via google and somebody was told the same to use some washing powder, also caustic soda which I won't be trying