Thread: coupe performance prob

vauxcoupe

coupe performance prob

Been having little difficulty with the coupe after having the eml flash a few times and once was permanently on while traveling home, thinking it went into limp mode.
    So it was due a service so changed the filters ect and decided to do the whole exaust while i was at it, changed the lamda to a new one and new egr also, thankfully been around 2 weeks and no light so hopefully the probs been fixed but after driving the car sometimes it feels as if she wasnt as powerfull as she used to be.
    Do you think shes still in limp mode? and will having the ecu reflashed sort her out?
    shes been chipped/mapped too so will she need redone if the ecu is reflashed? little

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    having the ecu reflashed will more than likely loose the remap. Limp mode wont allow the car to do over 3000rpm or 4000rpm or something. Also you should be able to 'reset' the ecu bu unplugging the battery for 20mins, keeping the remap but resetting it, then driving normally and economically for a few miles.
    Astra Sold! Now its back! Sold Again! Who knows whats going on!

Currently Running MK1 1.8 MX5 with LSD awaiting boost, and a Red UK DC2

vauxcoupe
    cheers for that ace275, dnt think am in limp mode though as she will accelerate and do the usual on the motorway ect, she just feels a little sluggish!! but maybe me just starting to getting used to her!.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    When you turn the ignition to position 2, the spanner light should go out. If it stays on, and only goes out when you fire it up, there are fault codes stored.

Do a search on here for 'the pedal test' and find out what to codes are, then post them on here.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

vauxcoupe
    Thanks iainl a had her diagd when a bought her and only 2 codes were up,one the lamda and other unsure.. so when it got serviced a changed egr,lamda with new exhaust,all filters,sparkplugs,coil pack mostly the usual things just to keep me right, mabey shes ok but a just feel shes sluggish! al have ma mate diag her again but hopefully she wont show up any codes.