Thread: To all AOC facebookers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

To all AOC facebookers

A query of your views out of my own wonderment......

Why add someone, only to then delete them? Are any of you guilty of this?

I'll admit i don't have stacks of people on my "friends" list. Simply because i've added all the people i care about - a handful, and the rest of the list were people who added me (i typically accept, unless it's some randomer i don't know). So i have a total of 70-80 people on my list. I'm not one of these people who adds every single person they've ever come into some kind of contact with in their life.

Had a few folk delete me off their list recently. Not that i give 2 hoots as i never added them in the first place.

Thing is, i went back on their profile & they're saying their list needs a spring cleaning & that their friends list is too clutterd.

Umm, then why add in the first place?
    Also, is it too much like hard work to click the link that takes you to the next page on your friends list?

I've never deleted anyone, even the people i've not seen in years that decided they wanted to add me.

Oh whilst on the topic i've just remembered...........

why on earth add someone & then not reply to them??????

I had a few adds off people i went to school with that i've not seen in around 10-11 years who i used to be quite pally with.

Sent them a message via the private message thing, just saying hi & asking what they're up to now etc - the usual bullish, only for them to not reply, ever.

What's the point in even adding me then you ignorant hunt?

Are you one of "these types" or what?

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    thankfully no i aint one of those people, i personally can't see the point of facebook/bebo/myspace etc etc. rather than cyber meet, i prefer to see mates face to face down the pub with a few pints.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    I'll happily admit I recently had a "cull" of my friends list. I'm not sure if you are/were ever on the list, but if you were and now you're not and now you're offended, I'm sorry.

The reason I trim down my friends list from time to time is simple - over time people will add me for work, cricket, AOC, and other social reasons and then like you have found, they don't speak to you. Hence I bin them off. Others I've deleted as they've begun to annoy me (for example those that join in the status games every time theres a new fad) or those who send me a million game/application requests a day. They get short shift. Others I just delete as I only added out of being nosey, or needing to ask a specific question etc. I also had a bunch of "friends" who I had only added as we were playing Pro Evo online regularly together. We don't any more, so I deleted them as TBH I didn't know them.

In all honestly, I wouldn't get hung up about what' goes on on Facebook and other social networking sites. My missus & I have proper big arguments on there at times for example, but behind the keyboards we're both sat there on the sofa pissing ourselves at the reactions of other people's responses to our comments

Lighten up and live life amongst those who you'd pick up the phone to speak to, not a bunch of folks on Facebook
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I tend not to add, just get added, and then for them to remove me off their list?

I don't get offended, as others have said I prefer a good old ramble at the local pub with close friends rather than via facebook
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have only deleted one person, I have a slightly unusual name and there are not many people with my surname in the world, my sister has been doing family history and trying to find more of us, which has increased the network. Unexpectedly I actually found ONE other person who has the same first and last name as me, she's about 18, so I sent her a message to say hi and we added each other as friends. She will be related to me in some way but my sister is still working it out.

Unfortunately it quickly became apparent that she is a bit of a chav and was to be honest a little annoying. After a while I just decided to delete her as I haven't got time for her and she couldn't be more different to me in so many ways. Just because she's related doesn't mean I have to like her lol.

Other than that I have ignored friend requests from people I don't know and as far as I know have no links to at all, plus repeatedly ignored a friend request from a girl I knew at school who keeps requesting me. The simple reason being that she was an evil bullying little B*$%~ at school, most memorable because on my first day at my new school she pinned me against a wall and bashed my head off it repeatedly. That kinda thing doesn't tend to endear you to people! I have no idea why she thinks that I would want to be friends with her!

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Umm, Pete i don't know if you missed the gist of my post or were just talking generally.

If you missed the gist of it, then i should explain that i'm not about to check myself in for councelling. It doesn't bother me in the slightest - i even stated this. I just don't understand why it's done as i don't do it.

On the other hand, if you're talking generally, then that's ok.

You wont have deleted me either as i'm not on anyones list from AOC. As i say, i must've only added about 10 people out of the 70-80 on my list.

As for "real life" vs ramblings on facebook, there's obviously no contest is there, but it's not a 1-or-the-other scenario is it. People see each other in person, people leave comments on facebook profiles when they're just passing time online. It's how it is.

I feel this is getting off topic lol

Others I've deleted as they've begun to annoy me (for example those that join in the status games every time theres a new fad) or those who send me a million game/application requests a day.
    agreed, the million status changes in 1 day thing is irritating & you see a stream on your feed. Very irritating.

As for the app requests, i sorted that a long time ago.............. "block ALL requests from this friend". I soon stopped receiving requests. lol.

If people bug me (doesn't really happen much as i sorted the most annoying one - the requests) or don't talk to me much on facebook, then it doesn't bother me really, i just leave it.

One i really don't get is people who feel the need to add everyone they've ever come into remote contact with.

I went to the same chippy as you 30 years ago. I need to add you

Ummm, no.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    I was just talking generally about the whole add/delete thing on FB and how people's views are always different.

TBH it wouldn't bother me if everyone on my friends list deleted me, I don't view half of them anyway. I'd just find something else to do.

I tend to use FB like twitter anyway, only using status updates via Mobile
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    The only time i go on twitter (don't have my own account) is when viewing famous folks twitter pages.

I don't use facebook like i used to, only now and then when i browse on a PC.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I get requests, mostly people from school, only ever deleted one friend but was months after she added me. It took me that long to remember that she was a total scally moo (the bad scally sort too)

Other than that, it just seems rude to reject or delete people imo.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yh ive done this added some people and then got deleted not saying any names !
    Back in an astra and loving it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast