Thread: Total Vauxhall - assistance needed: Coventry this weekend!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Total Vauxhall - assistance needed: Coventry this weekend!

Gents

We have a bit of a situation here at Total Vauxhall Towers and perhaps some of you kind souls could eitehr give us some contact, or perhaps even help.

On Sunday 7th, we're attending the Auto Style & Sound Show at Stoneleigh, just south of Coventry as part of a Future Media stand. We have four cars on show, each representing Total Vauxhall, Fast Ford, Redline and Fast Car. No issues there.

The issue I have, my car has been volunteered for the magazine and therefore needs to be a shiney as possible. However, here's the issue...

My car is rarely clean and as far removed from "show spec" as a car could be although it does shine up ok after some TLC. Now normally we'd clean the car here in Bath, take it up last thing and give it a quick once over before the show opens.

However...

I'm away on Thursday night, so on leaving here and arriving at the show on Sunday... it'll probably rack up the best part of 600 miles, so there is zero chance it'll be remotely clean on arrival. I have a window on Saturday afternoon/evening after driving from Liverpool to Coventry, so what I need is some local knowledge.

Is there a valeters open on a Saturday afternoon that could give the car a good going over prior to the Sunday show... and although I'm willing to do it myself in the hotel car park, a lack of facilities could mean it's a waste of time.

So, I appeal to you good folk... anybody able to advise a valter in the Coventry area or know of a mobile valeter, or anybody simply willing to earn £2 and chuck some water at it?

Cheers in advance!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I'm off on Saturday and know a few places that clean cars. If you want we could do it on the drive and wash it by hand. Got plenty of cleaning gear.

Let me know.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By hand... steady dude, that constitutes exercise where I come from so wouldn't worry about going to those lengths, but teh offer is very much appreciated.

A decent car wash or valetering outlet would be sufficient, I'll do the inside today so an exterior wash will be enough. Down here the local poles uses sewage water to rinse cars, so hence need somewhere reasonable to get the bodywork and wheels done. I can do the finer points on the Sunday morning - dress the tyres, clean the foot prints off the windscreen and remove the McChicken sandwich that's growing under the passenger seat.

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Theres a few dotted around the city centre:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.220757&z=12

The one is Foleshill Road is opposite a better one on the other side of the street boasting to be the largest handwash in Coventry.
    You can't miss it.

To pick one I'd go there..

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dave, come on...a quick hand wash and rinse..then at least two of you giving it a quick autoglym....job done.

Between you and drew you could have it done within half an hour !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    We could have it clayed polished & waxed in an hour